Is it wise for me to leave guys and dating aside and focus on my career I'm 18 years old

So I'm a 18 year old, and I'm super dedicated to my performing career, I was really bullied in high school so I never had much dating exprience, but now that things changed, my career is starting to take off, and every other tutors and people I met in the bussiness tell me to focus exclusively on my career for at least to years because guys are a big distraction. I agree I'm really young I have plenty of time to date and stuff.

Am I making the rigth decision?

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely. I dumped my girlfriend and all my friends so I could focus on my career and now I am married to the girl of my dreams, have lots of good friends and I can afford to provide for them. If I had stuck around with my ex and my old friends (who only believed in partying) I would of achieved nothing. Probably would of been dumped and my friends would of ignored me cos no wants to hang around a bum. So you are making a good choice.

What Guys Said 4

• For many it is, if you meet a guy, then you get heavy feelings for him but want ot transfer way off to another school to get a degree from a reputable school. It will mean a "long distance" relationship which will probably just fade off.

• You can still have a relationship if you want. Just not marriage or maybe even going steady and moving in, since those are big commitments that could compete with your career ambitions.

• Thats really only something that you can decide do what makes you happy and what you agree with I do agree dating is a waste of time and someones feelings always almost get hurt.

• Hell Yeah, handle your business an get your career started first. Boys aren't going no where.

What Girls Said 1

• Sure.. Your still young and guys aren't going anywhere. Just don't take too long... Maybe like 2-4 years