Is it ever OK to date a minor if you are not a minor?

Like if your 19 and there 15 andtheir parents consent to the relationship and you truly like the minor and your both willing to take it slow.im legal age and

I'm 100% virgin I've always had trouble talking to girls but its not hard with this girl I feel so relaxed and its easy for me to talk to her

Thanks ladies and gents I wasn't expecting the feedback to be so positve

Most Helpful Guy

• It's just my opinion but I really would try and steer clear of this situation for the following reasons.

1: While four years isn't a large age gap in terms of the number itself, it's rather large in terms of growth and development. It's more than likely from a maturity standpoint this is a bit of a mismatch.

2. Hopefully she's still in school and you trying to push her into an adult like relationship may be a big distraction for her, not just in school, but in terms of her relationship with her parent(s) who's trying to rise her (or perhaps not if they're willing to pawn her off to an adult boyfriend)

3. Even though the parents are giving you permission right now. Who's to say if something should go wrong and they will flip the script and press charges. Then you will run the risk of asking if it's okay to enter into a forced relationship with Bubba and that can't be good.

I know you're quite shy around girls your age, but at some point you need to try and make an effort to try and come out of your shell. It may seem a bit awkward and difficult, one of those easier said than done things, but in the long run it will be healthier for you to be in a relationship with someone who is more on your level and you run a lesser chance of falling into the arms of a prison lover.

What Girls Said 5

• No, I really don't think it's ever alright. Where I live it is forbidden, and I fully understand why. She's just a kid, and no adult should have romantic feelings/intentions towards a child, no matter how mature she sounds or how slow you want things to go.

Now, you could always keep it on a friendly level and wait for her to grow up a bit. If your feelings haven't changed by that time, then you could try to see how things work. Other than that, I wouldn't do anything.

Pay attention to the laws in your country, those are the guidelines you cannot ignore.

• Well you seem like a nice guy by taking things slow and from saying you feel relaxed with this girl it doesn't seem odd to be dating her ,age isn't that big of a deal ,if she's comfortable dating an older guy then its all good.most teen girls want older bfs because they are "more mature" so like I said its not that big of a deal as long as you respect her

• I say yes go for it, only if you truly like her maybe even love, and you guys am get more serious once she turns a legal age... Especially if she likes you too. You're not pathetic for finding easier conversations with a young girl. If you're dating her for all the right resins then do it.

• I personally think it's a bit odd, seeing as she's recently into high school, while you have recently exited, but you have the full support of the parents and she doesn't mind, so go for it if you want to.

• Why don't you get a girl your age instead of a child just because she's easier to talk to. Pathetic lol

• Shy men have much slower social development, due to them not socialising as much because of their anxieties about talking to people. Its possible that he is more on an equal level in terms of social experience with this girl than he would be with a girl his own age. The longer a guy goes not talking to women the greater this gap will become.

• i bet it did make you feel better. pedophiles love support. you're disgusting.

• and her parents should be SHOT! wtf!

What Guys Said 3

• Legally, there are no laws against dating that I'm aware of in any western country. The laws are around sex, and MAY extend to other sexual activity.

Ethically? Its a matter of whether its a good idea, etc. The main 'problem' with young teen girls dating older guys is that it tends to move them to the 'older' pace for sex etc.

It sounds like you're about ready to move at an average 15 year old pace.

So this particular case seems okay, at least for now.

• It's fine to date a minor.

It's not fine you make her do something illegal for a minor.

• I don't see why not. Just be careful not to get carried away and do anything that could put yourself in a potentially bad position with the law. Keep in mind she might be quite emotionally immature deep down, don't expect too much from the relationship. Also bear in mind you are likely to get ripped on by your friends for dating her. If you can deal with all that then go for it, its likely that it will help bring you out of your shell and make you more confident.