GUYS: Have you ever dated someone who made you feel insecure?

I was dating a younger guy, who really would say strange things like 'I'm not good enough for you" and seems to think I'm playing some type of joke on him by wanting to be with him. I ignored it at first thinking he'd stop after he realized it wasn't a joke and I just like him. He doesn't believe me for some reason. Or is this a part of his game? I'm an attractive girl, and he isn't usually the type of guy I would date. But I enjoy time I spend with him so much I don't care bout the other stuff. But he rejected me a few times and just confuses me. what gives?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot dudes won't ask girls out who they feel is out of their league because it makes them wonder what she sees in him and why she has chosen him over someone who probably may be better looking, have more money or just may be able to do more for you and give you more than he can, and that is the honest to God truth

What Guys Said 4

• He's just insecure about himself, thus being with an attractive girl makes him wonder if its just a joke. Only thing you can do is really keep trying untill you've lost interest in doing so.

Actions speak louder then words, have you shown any real interest in this guy at all beyond words? I mean as in kissing, properly making out , etc.

That would probably convince most guys that aren't beyond "saving".

• Maybe he suffers from a little paranoia or something, it's pretty common. Just comfort him. Reassure him, tell him you really do like him, pay him a little attention. He'll probably always be very insecure in that way, and always very suspicious, but it'll make him sweet, or something, probably. [shrug] It's not something you need to worry about though, just dispel his fears.

• He is paranoid for sure! I did all that. But the more I did he turned into a bigger jerk. Now I'm wondering if he got me just where he wanted me.

• Really? Jerk how?

• His insecurity must have rooted from his childhood years where a lot of his friends/classmates have made fun of his appearance.

Try appreciating him more on his appearance, and his insecurity will slowly fade away.

• Infatuation I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT I WANT IT!. No but seriously he's intimidated by you and thinks your out of his league.

What Girls Said 0