Would you date someone who had the same name as you?

Question says it all... you could give each other nicknames I suppose... I'm not really sure what I'd do :P

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No. While my name, Alex, is very common among males, I'd get too confused lol.

What Girls Said 34

• My name is about as feminine as they come, so it would be pretty odd to find a guy with my name, unless he was named in a different language and they just happened to sound the same. I guess it wouldn't be a good reason to rule someone out completely. That said, I did vote B- it was my first instinct. It would just feel so strange.

• Well a guy named Destiny would be weird. But I did have a friend named Kelly that dated a guy named Kelly. She said it was odd since it always felt like they were talking in third person.

• XD I guess. It might feel odd or w.e. if you're like sayin their name during sex and it might feel like you're making love to a chick or something. XD

• Well my real name can be a guy's name

if you changed some few letters in it.

Hmm I guess it would be weird.. but it's cute too!.. lol xD

• Maybe not MY name but if I had a unisex name I really wouldn't care...though it would be frustrating if we got married when it came to paper work and stuff.

• Yes, because I would such a cute laugh at his beautiful girl name :D

• A dude named Ruby would be pretty weird. But if I had a unisex name I guess I wouldn't mind. I hate unisex names though.

• My name can't be a guy's first name, but can be the middle name. It would be weird but it's not a reason for not dating him.

• Haha. a guy named liz?

Sure why not? That would be pretty cool. :D.

• I have a unisex name so I think I would date someone with the same name mostly because I think it would be funny

• My first instinct is to say no to a question like this, but there's a lot of things I said I would never do. It's definitely a conversation starter and something to always laugh about. That'd actually be pretty cool. I chose yes.

• i have a girls name so why would a guy have a girls name LOL

• Yeah, I think that would be a pretty superficial reason not to date someone lol

• A "guy" named Diamond? I'd be more worried about what's really going on if "his" name is Diamond.

• doesn't matter as long as 'love' prevails :p

• Er,no. lol that would be weird.

• A guy named Janelle.. Kinda weird...

• If I could find. Boy named Claire I would date him just to say I dated a boy named Claire

• I'd be worried if a guy had Jennifer for a name. It's just not right, hahaha

• Nop , Unless I'm a homo !

• My name's Kristi. It's a girls name, but hey, why not?

• Yeah I have no problem with that.

I have a unisex name... It started off female then Americans made it to be male.

but what girl wouldn't want the name Pat?

• Well my name is a girl's name. So no. The last name I wouldn't mind having the same if I was to marry the guy.

• No one (literally no joke) in the world has my name :)

So I don't have to worry about that lol

• objection, you are "in the world" and you have your name so what you said is false ;)

• Hahah yes! And my name is basically Alex, since many are too lazy to say my full name.

• A guy named Kat... Maybe lol

• lan? it could be a guy's name too but I'd rather have it for myself...

• My name isn't unisex...

• sure id date a Jessi or Jess :P

• I think I would. Just look at taylor swift and taylor lautner.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 14

• Last name yes.

I had a friend, his last name is Quinn. He married a girl who's last name was also Quinn.

I don't remember where we went or why, but this lady was asking him for his wifes maiden name. He replied Quinn. No, you don't understand before you were married what was your wifes maiden name. QUINN, He was just screwing with this lady. They went round & round. Finally the lady said, do you mean to tell me you had the same last name? Yes he replied. That's what I've been telling you.

• I doubt that you I would be able to find someone with the same name as me. Chinese names are very diverse.

• I used to know a married couple (they are military and have since moved) that were named

Erin and Aaron. They had four kids and were really cool people.

Personally. I totally would. My name is Eric so it's entirely possible that it will happen.

Actually it will be a plus for the girl's attractiveness. Because it will be a signal that her parents were smart enough to pick a kick ass name for their daughter.

• I used to know a brother and sister named Eric and Erica. They weren't twins. They were 5 years apart and their dad was named Derrick. Can't remember what the mother's name was.

• I also knew a family who's children were called (no joke, and it wasn't on purpose they hadn't seen the movies) Luke. Ben and Leah

• A girl named michael would be a bit uncommon. But it would kind of bring us closer togather in a way so yeah if she was a kind sweet nice person ide date her.

• That would be interesting.

• well my names shawn, so unless it was a shawnna or something like that then it'lln ever happen. I actually know a couple where they're both named sam

• I have a friend Loren who married a Laura. I see no issue with it.

• I find it hard to believe that so many people wouldnt.

• that's gay yo.

• No because I'd most likely be dating another dude.

• Nah.

• It would be very awkward if a girl was named "Benjamin".

• uhhh nooooooo... because my name isn't those ambigious names like sam or alex or chris... so if that person's name is my name, then it most likely means that its a dude and I'm not okay with dating a dude because I am a dude and I'm not gay.

• That would be weird. Imagine shouting out your own name in bed. Besides no girl should have my name.