Any advice for a first date with someone met online?

Later this week I am meeting a girl I met on a dating website. I've done this before but nothing ever came from it. Anyone who has experience with this have any hints?

Well, there was just no chemistry there, so I guess it's back to the web. We had a nice conversation but she just wasn't very interesting.
Or the bottle.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be yourself. I know that is so cliché, but if you want to know if she is the right one for you, you need to show your true self to her.

Try not to get too worked up about the first meeting. Think up some questions you want to ask her, figure out some good conversation starters too. It wouldn't hurt to go back and review her profile and any messages you two have sent each other. It gives you a refresher for when you meet her in person.

I would suggest going to a coffee shop to talk (unless you have already picked a place). It's low-key, low pressure and if you or her aren't really liking the other, it's easy to bail by saying a friend needs your help with something.

Try to have an open mind, don't dismiss her right away if she is not exactly what you pictured in your head. I had a lot of guys get disappointed when they met me. Even though I was pretty up front about the fact that I was larger. I told them and had pictures (full-body pictures), but still they seemed really disappointed when they met me. I don't know what your situation is like, but try to keep and open mind. You were obviously attracted to her enough to want to meet her, at least give her a fair chance.

What Girls Said 2

• Good luck...guys I met online never turn out to be normal ha.

• Take her to a no pressure environment in a public area. It's always nervous meeting someone from online. Just get to know her over coffee or a park setting. Make sure there are people around. Heaven forbid either of you try to kill the other one. :P

Good luck to you.

What Guys Said 2

• I always take the girl I'm dating online to a coffee shop and get to know more about each other.

• Don't try too hard to impress her. She is auditioning for you, to see if she is good enough to date you. Not the other way around.