What happened to dates?

What happened to dating before entering a relationship. You know the guys all hey wanna go out sometime? Now its hey wanna date and your a couple and that's it. Like let's go out and do fun stuff, not all the time but its funner that sitting in the house all day. It doesn't even have to be a lame ass dinner. It can be random sh*t. Exporing, going and doing random stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• Kids are still learning at your age. They don't necessarily know that a date doesn't mean you're automatically boyfriend and girlfriend.

To be honest, in my day it was mostly the girls who were ignorant of the basics. My attitude was always - unless we had discussed being exclusive, I was going to be with other girls. I can't tell you how often that freaked a girl out, when she assumed without discussion, that we were exclusive.

You might break some hearts (as I did) but sometimes you have to educate the kids who don't know any better.

What Guys Said 4

• It still happens.

If you're post college and both in the workforce.

In high school or college you don't have money, and you have a lot of opportunity to get to know each other before being a couple. In the workforce, you're often dating people outside your circle of friends, so dating is a way to get to know each other.

• Hmm. I don't know who you've been dating. But me and all of my friends go out with women and actually do things. May not be a sit down dinner, but galleries, museums, bars, movies, theatre, live shows, going out for walks, even shopping. I think that you might just be experiencing the suburban teenage version of dating. It will get better.

• because the world is seriously f***ed up right now.

• I still go on dates every once in a while. Granted, not regularly since I don't have a job yet but yeah.

What Girls Said 0