How can you date someone that smokes/drinks if you don't?

I go to a really preppy white high school, and there are basically two different types of girls. One type is super smart, prude, anti-social whatever you want to call them. They have no sense or style, and while they're all friend with each other, they're severely lacking in the social skills department. Not exactly girlfriend material. The other end of the spectrum is the popular ground of girls. They all hang out with the guys that smoke and drink every weekend, get so wasted they can't remember homecoming or prom, etc. The problem is that most of these girls are the attractive ones. Any girl that I would consider dating either smokes or drinks, and I don't. It doesn't seem like there are many, if any, exceptions to this rule. My question is, how am I supposed to date someone then? If I dated a "popular" girl who drank on most weekends, would she be OK with separating from her friend group to spend time with me on weekends while sober? Or would things not work out unless I gave into the pressure and starting drinking occasionally as well?

sense *of style

popular *group of girls

Most Helpful Girl

• I dated people in high school who smoked and drank and I didn't do either. The guys knew that if they wanted to spend time with me they'd have to be sober and not smoke around me. That's just how it was. If they're worth dating they'll find the time for you and be sober.

What Girls Said 2

• You jus have to hang out with them when they don't do all that

• I decided I can't well... if he's an addict, if its a casual thing and he doesn't pressure me to do it then that's ok.

What Guys Said 3

• Smoking for me is a huge turn off. I would have a hard time dating someone who smokes, and it ages somebody much faster. As far as drinking, it depends on how much she drinks. If daily, then you are not getting to know the real person, since alcohol changes someone's mindset. I have observed that as I have gotten older.

I would say go out without whoever you want, I see nothing wrong with going out with a popular girl if you can connect. If she likes you enough she'll be okay with the fact that you don't smoke/drink. But don't give into the pressure to drink or smoke, since you'll definitely regret it later. As a non smoker/drinker myself, I may be in the same boat at some point!

• That's why relationships where interest coincide are the ones that tend to bud and grow.

• I couldent personally.