How do girls respond to being ignored?

I was talking to this cute girl last week and it seemed like we hit it off. I got her number and texted her for a bit this past weekend. I thought it would be a good idea to go to sleep and have her send the last message (so she wouldn't think I'm a bother and texting her non stop).

My issue was that I completely ignored her in class the following day (I had usually stopped her after class and we'd chat) but this time I just walked out without a word.

You think she's pissed? I texted her yesterday and she responded coldly and never responded again.

Sounds like she may be dejected but I didn't get the hint that she was even remotely attracted to me. Usually I can tell these things by their behavior but she wasn't doing anything to tip it off except for maybe keeping eye contact, laughing, and looking at me in class.

Did I mess up?

btw I guess I should include the fact that in the past this has worked, but I also knew 100% that the girl was into me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, for me, I get sensitive about these kind of little things like someone's response. I would feel dejected as well and feel like what we talked/texted was meaningless to you. Why did you do it? And what if she did like you, she was just pretty good at hiding it?

What Girls Said 7

• If a guy ignores me then I'd move on, I like nice guys and not guys who play mind games/or are jerks. I like guys who are straight forward and honest. If a guy ignores me, it's fine, there are many more guys left who would treat me nicer. I only fall for very nice guys.

• you made her mad that you are ignoring her and made her think that there is nothing there anymore. like you don't like her anymore. A guy friend is doing that to me and its making me mad. Now I ignore him back and he doesn't make an effort to start a convo. Just don't get mad if another guy takes your place and have that regret of wishing that guy was you.

• Yes, she sounds like she is mad. I would be really upset! When you start to think your a bother, and stop texting and talking to her. Girls think that means you don't like them, and that your just ignoring them. It makes girls think that they are bothering YOU. So, never think you are bothering a girl. But yeah, I think that's the reason she acted so coldly, because she thinks she is bothering you, and probably won't even notice if she doesn't even answer you back..

• Pretty safe to assume she's hurt, maybe pissed, and moving on. In the future, don't play games like that..

• Dafuq? The having her send the last text thing was fine. The ignoring her in class was not. You f***ed up. She liked you.

• Why would you ignore her?!

• thought it would leave her wondering why

• Leave her wondering what?! That was an a**hole move lol I wouldn't talk to you ever again, she probably thinks you didn't like her conversation.

• And you knew she was into you?!

• I think it makes her feel bad, like you don't really care about talk to her. Maybe you can initiate and conversation and apologies for your behavior?

• Yeah I didn't mean to push her away. I didn't do this to be a badass and look cool. I just wanted to test the waters a bit. I was going to talk to her today but she wasn't in class due to family reasons.

• Then I think would be best to clear things up ASAP. So that she don't worry for too long.

What Guys Said 2

• no game whatsoever.

completely weird. you can get *a bit* distant but you can't just ignore her. I mean, it's ridiculous. and weird.

she probably thinks there's something wrong and you don't like her "any more."

• it might give her the idea that she did something wrong or you're not interested in her anymore.

You kind of messed up. You should stop ignoring her, and just spend more time with her.