Women (first date) : coffee or drinks?

just curious. where would you prefer a guy take you for a first date?

do you think going out for coffee is too boring?

do you think going out for drinks is not up to your moral standards?

• A nice cafe that serves good coffee
  • A nice homely bar for a couple of drinks
  • Yuck, neither
btw, I wouldn't take a woman to a bar for drunk sex. but overall, just to relax and get to know each other.

ive done both though. I generally take more conservative girls to cafes and more daring girls to bars, but what's your perspective on ths

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on how you met the person. Is this someone you already know, like a friend that you two decided to go out on a date? If you already know her, then it's best to take her to dinner. Wow her on the first date, show her how great of a guy you are.

If you are meeting her online or for the first time, then coffee or drinks are better. It might seem more conservative to go for a coffee, to some people asking to go for drinks might imply that you want drunk sex later on :P (not everyone thinks this way, but some people do).

But really, you can do what you want. If you want to do something fun, take her bowling or to mini putt, or to a museum if you know she would be cool about it.

Hit up a festival even. Show her that you are fun to be around :) My ex boyfriend took me to part of the city (I had just moved to) where the neighbours got together to put up Christmas lights. I was so impressed, it was such an original date idea and he really won me over with that :)

What Girls Said 11

• COFFEE. But yes, it depends on the kind of girl and how interested she is in your conversation versus other things..

• Coffee...I don't drink alcohol.

• I guess I'm a bit different, but I'd like something different from the usual to make an impact on the first date. For example, a walk in the beach. (I think if you find out somewhere she really likes and you take her there for the first date, it would really give her a good impression of you.It would also give you points for being attentive and you'd also have a topic to talk about like why do you like this place? etc..)

• green juice:)

• I'd rather do coffee on a 1st date, I just wouldn't feel comfortable drinking on the 1st date, I'd rather we both be completely sober/ourselves.

• coffee sounds very romantic and cute, easy way to get to know someone :)

• Definitely B

• i'd love to have some coffee

• Well, I'm not 21 so...coffee! :)

• Neither. I can't stand being around drunk people and I don't drink coffee.

• what would you think is a good first date then

• Either option is good!

What Guys Said 2

• Guys I know who do a lot of dating - and this is post university, in the workforce dating - either coffee OR a drink is a common first date when you don't know each other well and want a quick date to see if there's chemistry. In this case, the drink(s) would likely be after work NOT after dinner. An evening of drinking is quite different from meeting at 5:30 for a drink or two then heading off. I'm not saying the former is 'wrong', its just different.

Whether they'd have an after work drink or a mid day coffee would actually depend more on schedule - whichever worked would determine what was consumed.

• It's generally not a good idea to mix alcohol and a first date.