What makes you want to kiss someone?

Like what gestures or feelings make you think that you'd be willing to kiss a particualr person if the opportunity presented itself

Most Helpful Girl

• I most want to kiss someone when they exhibit a combination of traits: a) physical attractiveness b) mental attractiveness c) talents in their field d) the depth of our emotional intimacy. If they appeal to me physically in their body or face, I may want to kiss them, but that is not really enough to follow through. When I talk to a guy who I find physically attractive about topics we both enjoy, I find I feel more attracted to him, and his interest and clever quips or fascinating ideas inspire me. Still, that is not enough to make me go in for a kiss (though I will be thinking about it). Seeing him show talent or success in his field, or in sport is even more appealing as I think it plays on a primal need to select the strongest/ best male for mating (this is when I may start to fantasize about him). For me these 3 points are important, but what creates the moment for the kiss is the depth for our emotional intimacy. That is- if he has spent time with me alone, shared stories and personal information, if he has made contact with me (touching my hand/ arm), if he has flirted a bit with me to indicate his interest in me also, and if he has open body language (if he is inviting in his posture)... I will then be inclined to move in for a kiss. *STILL* I really really feel reluctant to kiss a guy first. I want him to kiss me. I want him to show me he wants me first.

What Girls Said 2

• If I really like him and want to actually date him, I'll automatically want to kiss him. If he makes me laugh (REALLY laugh), I'm like putty in his hands, haha! To a certain extent, there is a limit of course, haha!

• If it's someone I already like, then all it takes is him being within kissing distance in a relaxing situation. Than I start imagining.

What Guys Said 2

• Overall sense of trust and them liking me back. And the longer we spend time together and we have chemistry all add up to it. Proximity also plays a large role, that being if we are close together a lot e.g. sitting next to each other, standing in front of each other. The way she looks at me will also be another indicator as a warm happy look definitely helps. Regardless of how many times I've seen them, if I can genuinely trust her and she appeals to me and there is chemistry, all I would have to do was make the first move (or let her if that's her thing).

• If I feel that we have established the "spark" or the connection, I would go outright for the kiss.