Have you ever regretted dating someone?

Have you ever wished you never dated that one person? or does everyone feel that every relationship whether good or bad is a stepping stone?

and why do you feel that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think we always learn from our relationships and the previous relationships prepare you better for the next, but still, I feel some relationships come with some regrets. In all my relationships, I think only two would fall into this category. Unfortunately, there's not rewind in life and life is perhaps the hardest teacher of all as it gives you the test and then teaches the lesson. We always learn from our shortcomings and mistakes which allows us to better navigate future affairs and endeavors.

While I am not comfortable with disclosing the details of the two relationships I have come to regret, I will share the fact that both were very instrumental in helping me become the man I am today and I am in a happy and healthy relationship now (though ex number two doesn't like it.) To the misfortune of ever meeting ex number one and ex number two, I can't help but conclude that the lessons they gave me were invaluable and well applied in this current relationship.

What Girls Said 6

• I have regretted dating a few people. I don't think a bad relationship is a stepping stone. It could be seen as a learning experience. But there was one guy for sure I regret dating. I dated him in high school, it just sort of happened.

My friend decided to set me up with this guy because he was available and kept bugging her to set him up with someone (he was a friend of her bf's). So she set him up with me, even though this guy was the biggest a hole ever.

Definitely regret dating him. But I was young, naive and in high school at the time. I honestly had no self-esteem because guys where I lived didn't care about me and treated me like crap.

• I've wished at times that I had never dated my ex, but after it was all said and done and I moved on with my life; I realized that the relationship I had with him was what made me a stronger independent woman. I won't disclose details of what had happened but it wasn't very pretty. If the relationship had been different, I personally believe I would've never grown as a person. I would probably still be an insecure, anti-social, depressed young woman. I don't really like how the relationship was but I do believe people experience things so that they learn about themselves the most.

• I can't say I regret anyone I dated in the past because changing the past would change me and where I am in life right now ad I'm happy with things. I would say that I'm disappointed in myself for allowing myself to be duped by my ex for so long though.

• Yes. Some guys I went on a first date with, who turned out to be extremely boring. They were no good at keeping up a conversation.

• Yes, there was this guy who's attractive but I just smell bad odor and really disappointed cause way back when were not dating, I got a big crush on him.

• yes currently regretting it

What Guys Said 4

• Girl #1: Was too co-dependent, too jealous, had a lot of issues stemming from an absent Dad. Was a little crazy. Spent too much of my money.

Girls #2: Was crazy. Got angry that I didn't respond to her texts while I was at work one day, and proceeded to send me more than 60 texts in a 10 hour period.

Girl#3: Was really pretty, but had no ambition, was pretty lazy, and really wasn't smart enough. She had no opinions about things that I think are important, like art, politics, current events, etc. She only wanted to talk about how she didn't like her roommates, her co-workers, or her family. I started to notice that the common denominator was her...when everyone has a problem with you, it's probably not them. She also told me that I didn't tell her specifically that she was "pretty", and she expected that because the other guys that she dated were basically falling all over her. I made her feel "insecure". To which I responded: Do you think that I'd continue to date you for 6 months if I wasn't attracted to you? Do you think I'd date someone that I didn't think was attractive? Seemed like common sense. To which she responded: "Well, I thought for a while that you thought I was ugly or not you're normal type" To which I responded: "I wouldn't date an ugly girl. And you're not my "usual" type really, but obviously I like what I see enough to keep going out with you...for 6 months. Fishing for compliments really, really, annoys me. It makes me really not want to give them out.

• god yes

• No but there's that one person, I'm waiting for

• Once. By the second week of us getting together I found a notebook with 10 pages of notes on me...