How do I pay him back?

I had my second date with him. He paid for the movie and bite to eat afterward on the first date. I wanted to pay for my half on the second date. They usually ask if people pay separate or together but for some reason they didn't this time. He paid and said we were paying together at the movies too. I bought him a drink in the pub afterward to start making up for part of it. But I feel terrible now. I really should have insisted on paying but I don't like making a big deal in public.

The poor guy will be broke. I want to show that I'm going on the dates to see him and spend time with him, not to take advantage of getting everything paid for. He's very gentlemanly so that's why he usually paid.

How do I bring this up about paying for last time without ruining the mood by bringing up money? Or making it seem like a debt? Should I let it go and just pay my half for the next ones instead? I don't want him paying the whole time.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to solve it fast, let it go and pay for your half. If you want to make him happy, repay for half he spent for you on previous events and pay your half on future events. Now, if you really want to make him feel good and guilty Lol JK, repay half of everything he paid you on your previous events and start fully paying for future events for awhile until HE starts to feel guilty about it. Then you'll secretly start to feel good when that happens Lol ;). I call this action-reaction Lol ;). I'd do the third one just for peeps ;).

What Guys Said 2

• I think he did the right thing. I always pay for the first couple dates. It's just good will. I know I would certainly take notice though if a girl told me she wanted to plan and pay for the next one.

I definitely think relationships need to be 50/50 financially but when your that early into something that is yet to be defined you don't wanna complicate things with such trivial things as who pays for the date.

• idk in my opinion, never split the bill on dates. its always better to take turns paying then to split every time. just next time you go out, insist that you pay...pretty simple

What Girls Said 1

• Awee, he sounds like such as sweetheart :) You have found a good one!

As for bringing up how you will repay him. I would just let it go. Next time you two go out, you pay. He might make a fuss, but insist. In fact, do something better and take him out on a date :)

Tell him it's a surprise and have him meet you somewhere. Then pay for it. That is how you pay him back. I dated a guy like this once, he refused to let me pay. So I had to get sneaky.