Girls/guys and texting

Guys: How long does it typically take your girl to reply to a text?

Girls: Do you really ignore your guy and reply back later?

I'm referring to texting while you're in a relationship, not casually dating.

Previous girlfriends have always replied back within minutes, unless of course they are genuinely busy.

My current girlfriend likes to ignore the text for awhile, then reply later. It's funny because I've been around her long enough to notice that she checks her phone every few minutes. It never really bothered me, but I've always found it kind of funny.

And yes, I know guys do it too.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll text right away, even if its meaningless. I hate it when people don't text me back so I try to text back especially if we're in a relationship. If I don't bother in texting back it's because I simply don't care about the person anymore, unless I'm busy then that's a whole different story.

What Girls Said 5

• If I am busy then I am busy and I will reply when I have a chance. Sometimes I forget but most of the time I will remember eventually. I don't reply while I am at work unless I am on a break since it is not professional. If I am in a meeting, or with family or friends the text can wait. If something is so important then it would not be sent via text so it can wait. I hate people who text and expect a reply right away. It's disrespectful to expect someone to immediately drop everything for a meaningless text.

• I take as much time as he takes to reply. So if the guy answers quickly I do it too.

I have never had a boyfriend but I do that with my crush.

• That has always bugged the heck out of me. I remember working and not being able to reply. The girl who I was talking to had a rule..."always take 2x the amount of time he takes to reply." Needless to say, I gave up.

• Well for me it depends what the text says. If it says something like: hi, how is your day or something meaningless I feel lazy to answer it! But if it's something like I got a gift for you or I'm taking you that restaurant I answer like immediately!

• Now that I think about it, she does tend to answer to those texts much quicker. Typically a "hows your day going" text is followed by a reply, an hour later saying "fine." That's why I don't ask about her day anymore. Not that I don't care, but I doubt she wants to talk about it.

• I do that! I want a nice comeback or figure out how to reply. That takes simmer time in my head. Plus, what's the rush?

However if I ignore him constantly & never get back to him (in one - 3 days) it's a good sign I am/have lost interest.

• Again, I get that when it comes to dating, or text messages between you and your SO where a witty comeback is necessary. But I'm talking about times when you're in a relationship and the answer doesn't really require much thinking.

No rush really, just something I noticed my girl doing a lot more recently. Sometimes it will take 15 minutes, 30 minutes, one hour...2 hours, etc. And the reply isn't even witty...something like, "lol, I can't believe it!"

• honestly, sometimes I ignore a guys text because I'm not sure how to answer...don't take it the wrong way.

• I get that, during the dating stage. But while you're in a relationship? I've always found it odd.

What Guys Said 5

• Last relationship had very little texting. We wer eon the phone a lot like an hour or so daily.

Relationship before that the texts were pretty instant unless we were working. We did some phone talking but it was not that common.

Before that was nonstop texting. She was extremely clingy though.

Before that... guess what!? Texting wasn't big then! We talked on the phone.

Nowadays talking on the phone is so rare.

• Agreed. We rarely talk on the phone. I believe we had one 8 hour long conversation, not even exaggerating. Since then calls have lasted about 5 minutes...tops.

• I'm lucky to date an independent non clingy woman but when I voiced the fact that I hated that it took too long to respond to my texts and that I was offended she immediately changed and started responding immediately. It's all about communication, if she doesn't text back right always either: she's busy, she's playing games, she's not interested, or she's pissed at you

• She sounds like mine. Only difference is, when I voiced my opinion in the same manner you did, her reply was, "Excuse me if I'm always busy!"

• It would take them about 4-5 minutes. Sometimes hours later because they are busy at school/work. Though I don't mind as long as they reply.

• My girl replies instantly.

• if she is busy it takes a while but she used to send me one letter like any letter she pushes any button and hit send , then I know she is not free , when she is free she replies at once like flash :D . but that's was when I had a girlfriend ;) .