Guys: Would you date a big girl?

I'm interested in how important it is for a guy, that a girl is a certain size. I'm a girl and think that some girls who are big can be very pretty, but then again, I'm not a guy.

So, to ask the age old question, does size matter?

and if so, how much?

I would like to add that this question isn't about me, so feel free to be as honest as you want :)
thanks everyone for your answers and especially the honesty attached to them :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. As long as she doesn't have excess androgenous fat (apple body shaped). If she naturally has a bigger frame or assets that exclude her from being petite or average I'd date.

link

link

link

link are all fine because they may be bigger, but still hace feminine shape whereas I wouldn't be able to date a girl with a body like link link link link unless they were really perfect (to me) in evry other way (the kinda of perfect where I'd see myself marrying them someday)

• The girl in the first link looks average weight to me. :s

• Wow, the women in the first set of links are all so beautiful and they're all probably bigger than average. This does wonders for my self esteem for sure and it probably would for a lot of girls too. This answer is great.

• @why-makoto-kun. I can assure you that she is overweight and would appear as a bigger girl if she was around average girls. She maybe a little taller, but she is carrying some extra weight which is perfectly fine in my book

What Guys Said 27

• Yes, of course size matters. Now before you take mi head off, let me explain. First off, I'm 5'9" 150 lbs., average height but still not tall, thus I prefer petite, short girls. I just find it more feminine in relation to my height and size. Second, I'm in the gym 4-6 days a week. I'm a health freak and working out actually saved my life at one point. Taking care of your body is something I highly value and uphold, thus I prefer someone who shares a similar value. I wouldn't date an overweight girl, not because of her weight necessarily, but rather because our values in that area are incongruent, and health is something I take very seriously. I treat drugs and alcohol in the same manner. I have nothing against girls who are a bit chubby, that's actually cute, or girls who are around my height, but like I said, I just prefer tiny women. Besides, a womans face is more important to me.

• YEP, love big girls. Love girls who are taller and/or heavier than me (I am 6'2" / sporty type). It's not exactly "the more the better" for me, but about how comfortable a girl feels in her skin and if she cares about her looks, no matter if she's skinny, or chubby or big. So to me, big ladies with a huge confidence = huge turn on for me.

• well... I would be with a rather plump girl if I really like her... but if she is really fat, I would restrain myself. I mean, if she is 15 kilograms or more than her healthy weight, most surely I wouldn't be with her. In fact, I like girls that have some kilograms on but still it depends on how much. Too skiny is unhealthy, and too fat is also, and I tend to believe if they are in these extremes they may have some psychologocal issues, so I tend to step aside: not for the fact that they are fat.

I have 5 kilograms of overweight. I don't consider that in a boy or a girl that is FAT, but I say this for you to know how I think, that may be different from other guys' view. Once a skinny friend told me some of the girls I like are kinda fat, but I really don't see they are that way.

However, as I said, it depends on the guy. This as well as the face, is different from one person to another. Don't be self-concious and be who you want to be. However, I would recommend you to be as close as possible as the weight recommended for your height and age. That is the most healthy and sexually attractive.

Some guys usually like a little overweighed girls, but don't date them for fear to what their friends would say, so that's an issue. This means they may like you but still don't want to date you.

But once again, like yourself as you are.

• Thank for taking my answer out of "Best Answer"!

• I am genuinely sorry that your answer is no longer the best answer, I stupidly did not realize that you can't have more than one best answer and selected a few, there are probably others who feel that I have disregarded their answers, but I sincerely apologize because your answer is one of the best

• It's OK. I'm not mad. :)

• For most guys it doesn't matter that much until some threshold where it starts mattering tremendously. That threshold is different guy to guy. It's less weight and size vs her overall shape.

• Every guy is different. I will say though that most guys are ATTRACTED to LOOKS FIRST.

For example, would you date a big guy who had rotting teeth? Probably not given your options.

• Some Men judge Big Women, same as Some Women judge Short Men. It goes both ways.

I dated both Big an Thin women, whom are both Beautiful on the outside an Ugly on the Inside.

Lazy Women are my Deal Breakers.

• I actually like big girls, as I think they can be just as, if not more sexy than women of so called, average size. My ex was a big girl, with flowing red locks and freckles. She had the mose symmetrical pair of feet I think I've ever seen, and her skin was so soft and she smelled like strawberries. She was twice my size, but sex with her was unbelieveable. Sadly, she did suffer from depression a lot (reason we broke up), but she really changed my worldview on the subject.

• It is easier for women of any size to get a guy compared to a guy trying to get a woman...

I dated a woman who was larger than me before.

I had no problem

• I personally would not, but that doesn't generalize that every guy wouldn't date a big girl. There is a person for everyone.

• What girls view as big, I might. What guys view as big, no.

• a bit chubby with killer curves? YUPS. There's more to hug and hold! As long as you're comfortable and confident in your body because I'm more attracted to confidence than pure beauty.

For me, it's all about the pretty face and the person itself (and your fashion sense). :) I find it unrealistic to think that girls need that perfect thin feminine body all the time to feel attractive to guys.

• I don't think I would date a girl who weighed as much or more than me. Just can't see there being enough of an attraction.

• I knew a girl who was a little bit chubby around the stomach, but she had very nice curves...

In general I wouldn't 9/10 times, but 'big' is such a loose term and can change dramatically from person to person. So someone might see 10 extra pounds as big, some would see 100 extra as 'big' (so would I lol but..)

• if your a fat guy you it won't be weird if you date a fat girl if your a skinny guy it won't be weird if you date a skinny girl: I'm very skinny and I'm attracted to very skinny girls I feel like men will gravitate to women that are similar to them

• some guys prefer big girls. I'm usually more for petite girls, but there have been exceptions.

• Curvy is hot but not really heavy

• More bothered with height than width. As long as she's cute, sure.

• appreance isn't everthing and ther are some very pretty bigger girls

• Yes as long as she is not an overweight, at most 250 pounds.

• No.

• i would not date a big girl

• My girlfriend of 3 years weighs quite a bit more than I do (I'm slim, but still) and I think she's really attractive, obviously. I've always been attracted to many different body types instead of having a set range.

• Would you date a big guy ? Probably not.

• It matters. A lot.

• I couldn't. I am 6'0 165 so if they weighed anything close to that it would be weird.

• No I don't date big women

• I won't date a girl that weighs more than 20 lbs than me.

• That's about how I feel I'm 126 Lb so 25-30 over my weight is pushing it.

What Girls Said 2

• How big? Most bigger girls can get guys but they're low quality/ugly/broke, etc.

• I'm a thick girl! Black guys like it. ;)