Is it bad/strange that I only date people I could see myself marrying?

If I am going to be in a relationship with someone then I am completely open to the possibility of marrying them.

When getting to know someone I am thinking about if they would be someone I could see myself with long term.

I am only 19 but I want to find true love. I am not one to engage in hookups or anything like that. I am an introvert and I like to develop deep, meaningful friendships with a select few. I think this is why I desire a meaningful relationship with a girl.

I see myself spending time with my girlfriend under the stars on a warm summer night, holding hands on long walks on the beach and having romantic candle lit dinners. I am not into the party scene at all.

I have had people tell me I take relationships too seriously at this age. I am not going to change though. I don't see the point in dating someone otherwise.

That said, I have never had a relationship and have been single my whole life. I do believe part of it is because I am selective because I am looking for "the one".

How creepy is it girls if you found out a guy really cared about you at this age?

Most Helpful Girl

• I felt the same around your age. I generally didn't want to waste my time with someone I couldn't see myself being with for a long time. I think it is normal and I wouldn't worry too much about it.

What Girls Said 3

• Not at all

Same here. I definitely think long term, as opposed to short term. I don't want to waste my time on someone with whom the relationship will go no where

• Not strange. I think it's good that you're looking for true compatibility...not just looking for random hookups like most guys your age.

• I'm that exact same way.

What Guys Said 1

• It's fine, and I'm sort of the same way!