Seems like everyone is dating, or engaged but me.

I am so tired of being alone, I think I am a nice person, but it seems like the only guys I can attract just want sex, and if I say yes they get what they want and start a relationship with someone else, and same when I turn them down ( I have figured out when they only want sex, and so I know not to) but they say they aren't looking for a relationship but two months later dating someone. I don't know what to do, I go out with friends to public things, I have tried online dating but nothing seems to work. I have been single for two years and I am actually starting to get depressed and cry every night. I never used to need a guy in my life, but now it seems like my life really isn't complete without one. I just miss feeling special to someone. I don't know what to do anymore..

Most Helpful Guy

• Get out to new places, and do new things Travel all you can, to places most people don't go. Avoid Mazatlan and the usual scenes. Study languages, make yourself more interesting.; in the long run, you have tol ove yourself first..then other people will love you too.

As for dating and bfs,m you know dating in a formal way is, to coin a phrase, outdated. People need to meet each other in less structured, but natural ways. NOT online, that's only for players. Ditto for formal 'dating.' No wonder you only meet the guys wanting to score and move on.

What Guys Said 4

• You need to be active socially. There are a lot of chances on where to meet guys. Join classes like singing, dancing, cooking, gym, language, painting, sports, and lots of others.

The more you be active socially, the more chances you will get when meeting guys who will truly look out for a relationship with you.

• Don't worry, I have been without a girlfriend for 12 years, has been difficult especially when being near some of my best friends who are female and they turn me on at a subconcious level, body reacts on its own. Have to keep things to myself as don't want to ruin friendships etc. So yes being alone can be difficult but I have become used to I and have given up looking or worrying about it anymore otherwise if I just hooked up with just anyone it would be for the wrong reason and it wouldn't last. So flying solo is the go for me and just accept it. But I do empathise with you as I have been there like you are going through.

• You really do not need a man to feel complete. find new ways to have fun, help less fortunate people, go out more, improve yourself, expand your knowledge and then without trying to you will find a man.

• I'm not dating either. sounds like we're perfect for each other. :)

What Girls Said 2

• I'm really sorry. I understand how you feel. Society puts a pressure on girls to find a guy and settle down. And seeing all the people around you achieve that while you are alone makes it even worse. I'm guessing you look at other people and begrudge their happiness.

I would keep suggesting the online dating. I would make sure you use a site that you have to pay for. I wouldn't use a free site like Plenty of Fish or those sites. I think if a person is paying to be on the site they are more serious about actually finding a relationship.

Or maybe have a friend set you up with someone. I think the online dating will provide more options though.

I realize how it sucks right now, but remember everything happens for a reason. And I know how annoying it is to hear but I do believe that the right person will come into your life at the right time.

Good luck and keep that head up!

• Don't feel too bad I been single for many years now and it's like every time I talk to guys it's either we are not that into each other or I jus don't feel any connection. I want to find my match and get married but it looks not to good so I figure maybe it's not my time to have that yet till I start to feel good and confident in myself.