Do white guys like black girls? Would you white guys ever date a black girl?

Its long so bare with me here.

Hello :) I am a young black girl, junior in high school. I grew up in the suburbs, so I guess that's why I am attracted to white guys more. I am attracted to black guys but not as much. I have never had a boyfriend, no drugs, still a virgin..blah blah blah. But I would love to date a black guy. don't know why...I just don't think that they would date me. Why is that? Is it because of the stereotypes of black girls? I mean honestly, were not all ghetto and loud. At my school, a few of the white guys are attracted to the black girls but I never see them approach them.

I KNOW this white guy at my school likes me, but he never does ANYTHING. I just feel like there's no hope in dating a white guy or any other race, know what I mean? I know a few black girls that like white guys, but are afraid of rejection. I am light-skinned but I know some white that also like dark-skinned black girls. I'm just really curious. For those white guys out there, would you date a black girl? Like I said, we aren't ALL ghetto. I hate how society stereotypes black people and other races. I don't care how anyone looks at me if I do date a white guy, it really wouldn't matter. And that whole thing about how black parents don't approve of their sons/daughters dating a white guy is total crap. My mom would love for me to date out of my race and explore the differences of dating out of my race, but maybe that's because she's mostly half white herself but that's a whole different story ;)

I'm honestly on the verge of just giving up and being like every girl out there. LOL, just please answers my questions, Thanks! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's face it, guys are attracted to girls, that's life. Are there guys who find Black girls attractive. Yes there are. Guys regardless of race have a perception of what they find beautiful. Just like the girls do. Take you for instance, you're Black but you find White guys more attractive. Of course there are White guys who will find Black girls more attractive than other races.

You speak about your parents saying they don't mind if you date outside of your race. Personally I commend them, but the reality is that there are some people, some who happen to be parents with child(ren) of their own who don't share the same views. Again, it all falls upon the individual perception and it doesn't always fall upon the same beliefs as mainstream society.

As far as all Black women being "ghetto". We all know that this isn't true, but many times society will bestow negative traits of a select few upon a whole race and/or gender to justify their dislike for that particular race or gender. Some guys may even follow that stereotype to justify their own decision to date outside their race. It's sad that it happens, but the reality is that it does happen.

My advice to you is this. You're still young, and no doubt a beautiful Black woman. You have your whole life ahead of you so there's no need to give up on your dreams. You also have a lot of growing to do within yourself, many more academic challenges to focus on so you can build a successful career and life for yourself and any future children that you may have. Focus more on self improvement and eventually things will fall into place, even that love for a man (perhaps even a White man) who loves and adores you not because you're Black, but because you are uniquely and adorably you.

What Guys Said 10

• Of course :P, I would date a black girl and yes I'm very attracted to them. I tend to like their personalities (although I guess you are seeking an American's opinion specifically) but the ones here I like, I can't comment on the ones in the US but I am sure I would feel the same. I am sure there are lots of white guys that like you but you just don't know or perhaps they are not sure you would like them without any given sign. You might need to give a nudge lol. but stay strong to your values! its admirable

• I know you mentioned you haven't dated before. That's cute! :D so don't consider it a negative. The easiest way to start dating is definittly just to make friends with a white guy you like first (i'm sure he'll be completely fine with that with an attractive girl following him around for a bit lol) then from there it'll be easier to take somewhere for you or even him

• Some guys would like to but are intimidated about the whole "interracial" taboo that used to be very strong until not that long ago. They may be afraid their family won't approve, that their friends won't approve, that black men won't approve, etc, etc. You are young so these feelings are hard to overcome, most young boys aren't confident enough to be themselves regardless of what others think. There will be white guys who will be interested in you though, I promise you that.

• Yes, white guys will like black girls.

You just need to spend more time with the white guys, and over time, they will start having interest in you. After all, familiarity breeds attraction.

• I like black girls. You tend to be very outgoing( I'm not saying ALL, just most of the black girls I've met) and I dig that :) I have dated a black girl once before too, and I'm white, well, half Asian but still got that white blood in me.

• Really? :) That's awesome. And yes I am outgoing.There's just that amazing feeling about always find the positive side in every thing. LOL at the white blood comment...

• It would depend on what the girl is like. But yes I would.

• Why don't you find out through experiencing it yourself?

• And how would I do that? I have NO experience with dating. I mean yeah guys have asked me out, but for the wrong reasons.

• How does anyone gain experience? You take a risk. Of course guys are going to ask you out for the wrong reasons... we are guys after all, but if you see a decent guy regardless of his skin tone try asking him out. Take a shot.

• Your are very different then whites. No offence! Very little about your black culture is the same. So if he can hack that and likes it then it's OK then OK. But wow... I hope he knows what he's getting into..

• With that last paragraph are you saying that you would rather be single than to find a guy of different race to white? interesting. I also grew up in the suburbs and in my pre teens and early teens I was heavily into white girls because of exposure to them. I got out and experienced the world and now I can say that someone's race doesn't affect my attraction to them. If they are attractive they are attractive.

I personally think that you are limiting yourself instead of just opening your horizons and just finding a good partner. There are good and bad people in all race groups.'

In terms of your question yes there are white guys who like black girls. in fact I'd say it is quite common. in link link link link you will find that white guy black girl relationships do exist and there are plenty of them

• ''But I would love to date a black guy''. Should that say *white?. I'm a white man 19 years old, and am attracted to black women.

• A lot of white girls prefer black men, so why do you want something they don't? There's none around?

• Of course there are some around but only at my school. 20% of my school is black. I don't really deal with the any guy at my school because most of them like to get around. I mean, I give someone a chance but you can usually tell what they want after awhile.

• You think that's going to be different in other places? It still doesn't make any sense.

What Girls Said 2

• I felt like giving up to until I noticed that many European men are open, they rarely see color. I am talking about Western Europe...these people have get togethers at cultural places... and I always go and enjoy culture.

• Some do but you probably have to show interest first like talk to him