What do you think of this statement when it comes to dating?

Here's the statement: "accept someone for who they are, not for what you would like them to be".

0|0
3|5

Most Helpful Girl

• well logically your statement makes no sense. how can you accept someone for something they can only hypothetically be? you can accept a condition but when it is a hypothetical condition there is no condition to accept at the moment.

what I think you mean is "accept someone for who he or she is, don't expect that you can change this person" and with that I fully agree, because you can't make somebody change. accept this person as he or she is or move on.

1|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 2

• Yes! Especially if some is over 20. There personality and habits have developed over the last decade, you know. Take for people who they are and if you are someone of influence, they will absorb your gooodness.

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% true. Don't date anyone expecting to change them to fit into your view of "perfect."

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Yes. Of course it's important to have preferences in personality and morals when it comes to dating, but you can't go into a relationship trying to get the other person to change. Change will come naturally.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means that you must accept someone for who they are, and not for any other reasons like an ego booster, show off to friends, sugar mother, and lots of others.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish more people, especially girls, would follow this statement.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like some one because its them, don't try to change them for you, as in emotionally!

0|0
    0|0
  • Common sense

0|0
    0|0