Question for girls...Would you text a guy...?

Would you still reply / send a good night text to a guy with loads of x's at the end if you didn't have any feelings for them anymore?

Would you even still reply to a guys messages with loads of x's on if you had no feelings for them anymore or would you just completely ignore their messages all together to show your not interested?

Also What if you were seeing someone else? would you still reply to another guy you were interested in?
Ok thanks, that's good then going by the replies so far :)... She still asks me how I'm doing and what I've been upto etc so doesn't just give one answer replies when I contact her so I suppose that's another good sign.
thanks for the replies, I will wait and see what happens. Sometimes it feels like she is interested and sometimes it doesn't eg I can ask how she is and I get a reply right away, another day I ask and I might not get a reply..

I suppose if something does happen then excellent I will be very happy and the wait will be worth it :)

If nothing happens then I will be sad and a little depressed while trying to forget about her but its not the end of the world.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I don't send x's to guys I don't care about. If I do, that doesn't mean I love them, I also sometimes send it to platonic male friends if we're really close.

If a guy I wasn't interested in sent me a text with lots of x's, then I'd reply without x's or I wouldn't reply at all. Also, if the guy is neither a friend nor a love interest, then I either take a long time to reply or don't reply at all.

Whether I'm seeing someone else or not has no bearing on it containing x's. If I'm interested in a guy (or if he's a very good friend) then I'll send x's, whether he's the only guy I'm dating, another guy I'm dating or a guy I'm using to cheat on my boyfriend with. Not saying I'd ever cheat on my boyfriend, but just describing how it would go down.

• so far all of the replies to my question seem to be positive then that there is a chance she does still like me. I suppose I should just wait and see what happens. She does reply to me fast, mainly 2 - 15 minutes or 20 - 40 minutes but sometimes upto 2 hours, sometimes no reply, just seems to depend how busy

thankss

• Then she cares for you either way. If it's love or platonic, you'll have to figure that out yourself. Texts are tricky, don't assume too much from them

• thats the hard part, I know she was interested but then with her being away all this time and busy with work I don't know if its all changed now and its hard to ask without sounding clingy, desperate or like I don't trust her if you know what I mean which is why maybe waiting and seeing what happens is the best idea. thanks

What Girls Said 21

• If I don't like a guy.. I don't text him period. If I use smileys and xoxo or anything like that it means I'm interested, I want to be with him, and I want something more...

BUT this girl seems to be a bit of a player. I have never "seen" a guy then texted another like I was interested in him too. One guy at a time. This girl sounds like the beginning of bad news. She needs to pick. This is not really a situation to keep yourself in. She needs to make up her mind. It will suck if when push comes to shove, you've invested your feelings in her and she drops you for this other guy she's seeing.

It's not worth it dude. If she wants you...and she knows you want her.. nothing should be in her way of getting with you instead of this other guy. She's toying with both of you.

• Basically not cool, first off how old is the girl? HOpefully over 18 and if so, she needs to get things figured out. The question I'm curious of, would you want to date a woman that is texting an ex boyfriend? If not, that should give you the answer. She is either confused or playing games, either way its not okay. She should respect who ever she is with and call it off if she is no longer interested. If she is seeing someone else, perhaps you should step it up. Let her know that although you still care about her, you can't keep getting texts from her you do not feel right that she is doing this behind her guys back. If you are provoking it, :( good luck.

• Sorry, I think I worded that part wrong. What I mean / was wondering was in general would a girl still text a guy that she dated a few times IF she had moved on and started seeing someone else? (I don't think she is seeing someone else I meant "if" she is)

Eg say you dated someone a few times, lost interest, started dating someone else. If you still received texts from the guy you moved on from would you still reply to their texts with x's and good night messages or would you just ignore them?

• to me x's mean hugs and kisses, however now a days perhaps that is not what it means. If I was seeing another guy, I would not put that on the text, one I would not want to mislead you 2. I would feel guilty towards the other guy. Now if I was not dating anyone and just going out on dates and I was still interested in you, yes I would put x's

• Well.. I would reply.. If my ex-boyfriend, who I've said I'm not that into, when in reality I love and care about him.. If he sent me lots of ex's lol I would joke and be like "umm okay?" but then I would probably be like "love you to" lol because we're so close and have a history together

If she doesn't really know you.. she may be creeped out or more turned off by you but if you guys had somewhat of a history together and if she still cared about you because you're her ex-lover or ex in general than she may be flattered, care about you still at least as a friend or deeper... so it honestly depends on if she still cares about you or has a strong (POSITIVE) history with you

• I don't even use loads of X's when I like the guy...

Would probably message the guy if I liked his company, to hang out or what not. Of course, NOT if I was seeing someone else, since the person I'm dating is the person I'm interested in.

I know not everyone is like this and keep several options open though...

• I would not respond. If I don't like a guy, I don't try to ease away from them, I tell them straight up that I don't like them. I'm not a bitch about it but I don't lead them on.

• She maybe just bored. Maybe she sits at work, and it's boring, or the evening show she is watching is boring, so she thinks: "Hey, there is this guy, I'll send him a text". Then you reply, and she replies back. She maybe doing it maliciously, to lead you on or maybe even not, just to pass the time. If you make a real pass on her, she will act all offended. When she finds something to do or someone to really like, she'll forget all about you. Do you really want to be her free clown? She should learn to amuse herself on her own.

Go out with other people and get some hobbies and interests in life, so you will not think about her anymore.

Once you stop replying, she will send you many many many text messages. It's just a ruse to get you back to be her clown. Don't reply.

• I wouldn't reply to a guy who I would know is interested in me because I have a boyfriend.

If I were single I would always answer messages unless I said no to the guy and he just keeps trying or being nosy...

If the feelings aren't there, they just aren't...

• Well...there's this guy I've been corresponding with for about a month now and sometimes I

ll do that,but not all the time.

• Well, for me, if I had no interest in being with a guy anymore I probably wouldn't talk to him period let alone send a bunch of kisses. So, I think that if she is doing that then she probably still has feelings for you, or she wants you to think she has feelings for you.

• Personally, I'd probably put less x's but if I was seeing someone else at the same time I wouldn't out anymore then one or two. If I was in a conversation with them at night I'd say goodnight or whatever but probably wouldn't just randomly say it unless I was still a bit interested. Asking how you're doing etc is something you ask all friends so it's good she still talks but it doesn't mean she's still got feelings for you.

• x's can mean different things to people. For some its just friendly or a habit. Personaly x's are just for flirting/relationship/ family and I'm pretty conscious of signing off so I wouldn't even if I was interested...

• thanks, I added an update to my question (I don't know how this site fully works so don't know if it sends a notification)

• And what I ment about the x's was during first contact there was non on the messages and then the amount grew the more we got to know each other

• oh OK then it sound like it could e her way of letting you know she is interested... but she may not have actually made up her mind

• Well I say it would depend on who it is and the past inbetween the two. Plus, if she still asks questions about you, there's a possibility she still has something there for you. Your best bet though, is to not put all of those x's on there.

• i will not text a guy but I can reply his text.

guys, if you really likes the girl do text her first

• Personally I wouldn't respond. maybe you would a couple of times but then just slop. A good way to show uninterest is to be quite short with the messages. If they text quite long messages they are trying to keep conversation.

• I might answer with one word answers to be polite if I liked a guy, but wouldn't use x's or anything like that. I would probably make it pretty clear I wasn't interested.

• Depends on the girls. I would not do that but some girls like raising hope in guys so they can have many options later on.

• Thanks. I don't think she is the type that would raise hopes so she has options so hopefully that's not the case.

• Texts are easy. I can reply to all the guys texting me regardless of whether I truly like them or not. But I only go out with the ones I am interested in. So ask her out!

• Ive already been out with her and we had a great time its just she's been away for quite a few weeks now and trying to work out if she does still like me / is still interested.

I hope she is, I suppose I will just have to wait and find out... I don't want to ask her if she likes me still that might not be a good move

• I would probably NOT text back with a bunch of x's. She could just be being a 'B' to you. OR not. Maybe she's still into you. I wouldn't be kind to a guy if I weren't into him anymore.. I'd tell him to eff off, I wouldn't even text him..

• nope!

• I would answer but with coldness, not something more than, yes, no, or thanks, good night and so on. If she initiates the text or asks you something is that she wants to keep the conversation going... so take advantage of the momentum. I personally, hate guys who texts me all day long, I would rather have a good morning message, or a good night, with some how´s your day going? if she doesn´t want anything else, she would stop the communication right from the beginning or explain to you why you and I cannot be friends or have a relationship.

• It takes A LOT of d***itry (haha) for me to completely ignore someone. I have to be furious with them, otherwise I'll at least respond with SOMEthing. But I wouldn't lead him on, I'd make it known I'm only his friend and nothing more. If he wanted to cut off contact because of that, I'd completely understand.

If I didn't like the guy "like that" anymore, no I wouldn't use x's or o's in my messages to them.

Now, if I had a boyfriend, if someone else was texting me flirting or trying to get me, I'd make it known that I had a boyfriend and probably ask him to keep things friendly only. If he didn't, I'd ask him to leave me alone. If I liked him back but had a boyfriend, I'd cut off contact.

• ** d*ckitry

• How often should you stay in contact to show interest but not seem clingy ?

• To show interest? One or two texts a day, I would think. If you text A LOT one day, ease it up the following day, that kind of thing.

• No.

What Guys Said 0