Guys: would you keep dating a girl you know it's going nowhere with?

So my friend has been dating a guy for about a month an they're seniors in college. He told her recently he doesn't see it going anywhere after college but she begged him to keep dating her until graduation, and he agreed to do it. Why would a guy do that when clearly he doesn't want to be with her? I know she's falling in love with him and thinks she can change his mind, but why would he continue to date her when he's not that interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he doesn't have much confidence in himself, even though he knows she is wrong for him.

What Guys Said 2

• He's planning to move/whatever after college anyway. Till then she's pleasant company and a wet vagina.

• It depends. In my point of view the guy hasn't made his move yet because he wants their relationship to last longer. Because if you do things quickly there will be no "thrill" anymore so the relationship will result to them in losing interest in each other. I have a friend that had that kind of relationship with someone. they started at middle school and in the end they got married because they didn't move until they finished college.

What Girls Said 1

• Why would she still want him knowing he's not that interested?

I broke up with an ex this way...told him I didn't see a future with him (as in 2 months down the road, let alone a year). He didn't want to accept it and made excuses that it could change. The reality was that I just wasn't that into him.

Why you'd willingly be drug along like that is beyond me.