Do dating sites work for above average looking guys?

I'm sick of chasing girls, especially when most have nothing to really offer. I want to try my luck on dating sites like okcupid, anybody have any luck?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really. Get on a dating site and you'll see the type of people that use it (not trying to be mean towards those people). It's chalked full of people with physical, mental, and emotional insecurities, and that's just one piece of it.

Sign up to a free site with an empty profile (to be able to view other profiles) and you'll see it quickly, easily, and a lot. Everyone says they are the most unique, everybody puts so much thought into making their "About Me" marketable and one that stands out, everyone seems to think that their biggest flaw in life is that they are partner-less and can't function without one.

And I guess I have to mention this part, even if it sounds really mean and entitled. The people, as I mentioned about the physical insecurities, aren't very attractive in general. Perhaps because of people like me talking about them that way, but they use dating sites because in person isn't working out for one reason or another.

So yeah, dating sites are used heavily by people who think of them as the easiest solution to their discomfort in whatever areas of their lives. There are tons of news articles proclaiming online dating to be on the rise and all that, and they're right. But the hidden side of that is that online dating isn't all too effective, nor of any redeemable quality.

What Girls Said 2

• Dating sites require the guy to send messages. Women won't send any first. Don't ask me why, because I don't know.

• As a woman, I find that often I get ignored when I message men.

I think that there is a reason that a person has to use an online dating site, and usually it's a bad reason, such as they make a bad impression in person. Or they need to solve personal issues first before they can welcome someone into their life.

Also, I think male players love to use dating sites (free ones mostly) to scope out even more prospects.

What Guys Said 2

• Haha! No, dating sites are for girls, not for guys.

Guys rarely have any luck, since they outnumber the girls something like 50 to 1.

• if you're packin some serious pipe.