I'm not ready to date yet, or just date me

I met this girl at a bar (I'm 18, she's 19), ran into her again whilst clubbing, got her number, then we went out for two dates.

The first was for drinks and the second was dinner, both went pretty well and the second ended with a goodbye kiss.

However, when I asked about a third date at the weekend, she said she was busy but could do Wednesday instead, however on the Tuesday before I receive a text from her saying that she just got out of a long term relationship (1.5 years) and that she doesn't think she's ready to date again, I'm pretty sure she's been single for about 2 months give or take, she said she would like to stay in contact as I'm a great guy.

Have I just been friend zoned or is she really not ready to date anyone and do I stand a chance in the future with her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well think about it if the roles were reversed... say that you just got out of a relationship or lost your job and you feel like you aren't in a good place to date right now but you really like her. You aren't friend zoning her, right? You are just trying to improve yourself because it's not fair to the other person if you aren't ready for commitment yet.

I asked that question because I am going through the same thing. My guy lost his job and feels like he isn't ready to date right now. He says it's not me, but I question it, ya know? Lately we have been hanging out like normal, and it actually seems like our 'relationship' is improving because we are learning more about each other and gaining trust in each other.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think she friend zoned you. She either doesn't want to date you or she isn't ready to date anyone exclusively.

What Guys Said 1

• Girl Code: I just met, this really hot guy at the gym, with brad pitt's face, and jesus's abs.But ide like you to warm the friend zone bench, incase it doesn't work out.