I can't stop myself

I tend to keep going on dating websites to find girls that are single and I'm single. When I think I found a nice girl and talk to them through aim or on the phone. I find myself on those dating websites wanting more. Even if the girl was really nice and we hit it off really good had some good conversations. I just find myself lurking over to these sites. I'm truly a nice guy and I'm very caring but my sex drive is up and controlling it seems to be my problem. I think I should just settle down with one girls and try to work things out. I have a feeling though this is going to be the start of some problems though later on in my future.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you've got a bit of the "kid in a candy store" thing going on there. When you're looking at online dating sites, it's like a smrgsbord of potential mates, and we all know how much guys like to pile up their plates! And lets face it, you can be "your best you" when you present yourself online, so there's less fear of someone finding out your real-life flaws.

I wouldn't worry about your sex drive. You're still young, and it does eventually settle down. Are you only thinking you should start a longer term relationship because you feel that it's expected of you?

As for the websites, you have to think about it realistically. You're getting a drug-like buzz out of lurking on these sites, and it will (or has already) become an addiction. Remember that the way you're "shopping" for women on these sites is not real, and you won't be able to maintain it forever. Decide what you want more; a lot of short-term, fun relationships, or a long-term one with more depth. You don't have to settle down if you don't want to, just make sure the girls you're dating or approaching know that you're not being exclusive.

If you're honest about what you're doing, you may find that it will turn some girls off, and that is the sacrifice you make.

What Girls Said 2

• It is. Stop looking at the sites and find yourself someone who satisfies your need. If you keep doing that it will develop into more of a craving?

• Block the sites and you won't go on them.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, its easy to be a player online. That's why both sexes do it. You swear you love a girl, then you see another pretty face, and want her too. Keep it under control; the same social rules apply. Would you want to meet 5 different women at once, and date them all at once? That would be a hard act to juggle; same with women you meet online!