Do you drive and text?

Do you use your phone or text at the same time while driving? They are cracking down on this in Australia and now giving huge fines if you're caught. But I still see people do it despite the dangers and loss of concentration.

So do you? And why?

• Yeah I drive and text. And I'll keep doing it
  • No I never drive and text
  • Sometimes I do

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't drive, but if I did I would either use a hands-free device or not text at all.

What Girls Said 18

• Sometimes. I used to be a pizza driver, so driving is kind of boring for me now lol. Still, I'm a very careful driver (not joking. I'm like a grandma) so I don't just text anytime. When I do, it's when I'm driving on a road I'm very familiar with, when I'm driving less than 30mph, or when there are no other cars anywhere around me. Never been in an accident yet, so meh.

• When I was like 17 I was mad at my parents for something so I sent a text while I was driving because I knew they would be upset loll It's funny to me now because it's so stupid but that's the problem-IT WAS SO STUPID. I could've gotten into an accident because I wanted to SPITE MY PARENTS. Other than that one time absolutely not! I hate when people do it. If I'm riding in a car with someone and they're texting and driving I physically take their phone away from them. :)

• I wait until I'm at a stop light, then I'll text if I really need to. Fortunately my phone has voice recognition so I don't have to type my texts.

Anyone who does text & drive are just like those who drink & drive. They put themselves and everyone else on the road at serious risk.

• Sh*t I can barely text properly while I'm doing absolutely nothing. There's no way I'd trust myself trying to do anything with a phone while driving.

• B. Its an offense here to use a phone while driving, that includes texting. Plus nothing sent by text is so important it can't wait

• I don't. I can barely change the radio station while driving. I'm pretty terrible at multitasking when I drive. I have a friend who will text while driving, not just at a red light and I want to take her phone out of her hand and throw it out the window every time. It's terrifying and stupid.

• Not anymore. I got into a major car accident and nearly killed myself texting while driving. Infact I wasn't even texting, I was reading a text. I landed in the hospital super banged up and totaled my car.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT! Seriously, I used to do it all the time, it was so routine. And the text I nearly lost my life for was super dumb.

• I put my phone in a compartment so I'm not tempted.

• If there are no cars around, I may glance at a text. But I won't send anything back until I'm done driving. If I come to a stop sign or a red light, I may send a quick yes or no reply, but that's it. I never text while driving. Even though I could probably get away with it and not kill myself because I don't even have to look at my phone to text, lol. But whatever.

• I don't. I've checked my phone at red lights but that's it.

• Never. I can't multitask while driving something that could kill myself or someone else instantly. And I don't understand why others would do it, I find it so disrespectful and they obviously don't give a sh*t about anyone but themselves

• I don't text.

• If I'm stopped at a traffic light I'll send one or read one but not whilst the car is moving, no.

• I used to, but like many people I got into an accident. I rear ended someone but luckily, they were way ahead of me and I had time to break so I was at a way slower speed than what I started at. The front of my car was smashed in and only her bumper was scratched, and I was still able to drive my car (nothing under the hood was). But even though I was extremely lucky, I never text, and I can definitely see how it happened, when before I thought I would be OK and that I was good at it.

• Never. No text is important enough to risk my life or the lives of others.

• No, I don't. Sometimes I'll quickly read or answer a text while stopped at a red light, but I put it down when the light turns green.

• i think he is not man enough to actually talk to a girl and have a relationship where he can be with a real person.

• I'll admit that I *check* my phone occasionally, but I don't attempt to send anything. I also don't do it if there are cars around me (my commute is rural, long, and boring).

What Guys Said 17

• I used to do this all the time. What made me change this habit was the fact that I got a smartphone, smartphones are way too stupid and make to many mistakes. Actually, it's the touch screen aspect and my fingers are too fat. But when we used to ABC it, I knew a key pad so well that I was able to do it with my thumb without taking my eyes off the road and without looking at the screen. I give in to technology that I don't need and I can't text and drive anymore. Oh well, now they wait until I am stopped.

• There's too much going on when I'm driving to be worried about texting. I tend to be more focused on the environment, like why is this guy ahead of me riding that other person's bumper? Why can't this guy stay in his lane? Why is this a$$hole speeding up to get in front of me only to get in front of me and slow down to a point where I have to slow down. That doesn't mean that if I'm at a stop sign or red light I won't take a glance, but the reply will have to wait, or I will reply by vocal call via car stereo or bluetooth. So you see, with so much going on, I don't have time to drive and text because I'm looking out for that person who's driving and texting.

• I said no, although to be honest maybe 1in50 car rides I may send a text if it is urgent. but overall no I don't. It is extremely dangerous and also illegal in Pennsylvania.

After my friends mother died after she was broadsided by a guy going 60mphs and ran a stop sign he didn't see due to texting I realized it was time to re-assess priorities

• No, I don't. It's freaking dangerous and luckily polie here take it really seriously. If you do so, your license is gone for at least a year, if you're lucky enough, even forever. It can also happen that they keep your car (also happens if you overspeed by really a lot), and you can be sure that you will never see it again.

• texting no but might answer the odd phone call , I'd find texting too difficult as I'd need to find the letters and such when driving it be dangerous to do

• I've never used a cell phone and never text, so I guess that's B :)

• I used to...

Smartphones made that sh*t f*cking impossible.

• Nope. I don't want to die in a car accident and end up on one of those gore websites with f*cked up comments from it's members disrespecting the dead.

• Honestly I happily live w/o a cell phone

• I don't do that. I'm still not good at driving so the only thing I can do now is to drive and call.

• I don't text I use Skype and calls , or voice recognition software if I'm writing something , texting is an old fashion, and because talking in the phone while driving in where I live , I use BT headsets.

• No, and anyone who does should lose their license right away. First offense should be losing your license and a fine.

• My cousin was killed that way. I'm not kidding. I never do it.

• I do. I realize it's against the law, but I don't care...

Eating or drinking in a car can be just as much as a distraction, but they haven't banned "eating" while driving ;)

• looks like you're pretty free in America. texting and driving and ssh*t lol

• Eating doesn't require you to look at the food to put it in your mouth, that's why it's not banned.

• Still can be quite a distraction - especially when you're trying to make fondue lol

• It's dangerous and stupid same thing with women applying make up while driving.

• I normally don't but I have

• I've done it sometimes while cycling (I don't have a car) but I don't do it often