Would you date someone who doesn't believe in credit cards?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 19

• Probably not. It's important to start building a good credit history. I have one credit card but I only use it for larger payments that I know I will be able to pay.

There is nothing wrong with owning a credit card if you know how to use it and make payments on time. It's no different from writing a check. If you don't have the money to back it up, don't use it.

• Yeap not a fan of them myself and never owned one nor ever will.

• I don't understand what you mean by not believing in them haha. They definitely exist.

However, I don't ever plan to use credit cards in my life, so if a guy didn't want to either, then great!

• yea totally. I rather be with someone who doesn't have debts under his belt and having to become a slave to said debts :)

• I don't believe in credit cards, Its just another thing to try and get a person into debt, If I find a credit card for like earning points for a free flight, I try to find a DEBIT card version so that It'll be easier on me.

• yes, I would think they are smart...so much waste of money in those things :/

• credit cards are the best. you just have to know the system. play it right, its beneficial to you. if not then you are getting sucked in and you will lose out.

• No,because I don't believe in them...and one of us needs to be more organized and together with the things of this world.

• No, because they obviously exist.

• I don't believe in them either because of all trouble people go though with them.

• I don't either so it would not be a problem.

• YES YES YES YES ! HECK YES , I like the more simple things in life lol ,

• LMAO! believe in? there is definitely a such thing lol but as for agreeing with owning one...i use it for debit not credit...they give you a choice at the register. but my boyfriend doesn't have to have one as long as he knows I will lol

• No, seems dated to me.

• sure

• No

• Wut?

Credit cards do exist I've seen them.

But my answer is seriously no. Too hippie, too retarded.

If they serve a purpose, you should have one. If they don't, you don't.

It's like asking if I believe in cars or pets..

Just wut?

• Of course. I hate credit cards and the idea of credit cards. It is possible to live a successful life without having one, although most people don't seem to understand that. Credit cards can be trouble, more often than not. I don't have one.

• Sure, I don't see why not. If he doesn't mind that I have a credit hard haha... it adds to the miles I have from travel for work and I get free plane tickets, but I'm very careful in using it. I always pay the full amount I owe every month, so no paying interest or ending up in debt.

What Guys Said 19

• Personally, I see credit cards as having money you haven't earned - just another reason to put yourself in debt before you really get a solid foundation in life. But consider the alternative - I think it would be fantastic to have a mate who really respected and understood how to have and utilize a credit card to get ahead (not just for personal needs/wants). Personally I might even find it so admirable that I'd even consider it attractive of a quality. Those who know how to value strong assets are showing me clearly that they can respect me. Not holding anything against those who don't have a credit card or don't want one (i'm one of the many who fit that category - and I honestly can say I watched credit cards rip my family limb from limb while corporations grew prosperous on hard earned cash - all for personal satisfactions)

• Definitely not! I can see not believing in gnomes or gremlins, since nobody reliable has ever seen one, but she'd have to be delusional not to believe in credit cards. I mean, they're advertised on TV and people are constantly using them in stores and restaurants. Someone like that is likely to eat your face off while you're sleeping or dance naked at family gatherings..

• yes, without a doubt. I have no interest in getting a credit card unless I have no choice in an effort to help my credit score if I should ever have too (knocking on wood). my fiscal philosophy is to not purchase things I don't have the money for (excluding necessities like transportation and housing etc). the credit system imo is such a scam that I just try to do everything in my power to avoid it like the plague. if I can't afford it then I most likely don't need it.

• Credit cards are good and bad. If used responsibly they're good. You can have emergency funds at your disposal, and taking care of your bills will help build a good credit history and credit score. With a good credit history and credit score, you'll be able to buy a car, rent or buy a home, apply for a loan, all that stuff and get bigger loans with better rates than someone with no kind of credit history at all. I'd rather not have to have them rely on my credit to get things you just can't pay for with cash straight up. Few people can walk into a dealership or real estate office and throw down stacks of cash to buy something. They'll have to obtain a loan somehow. However, that all said, if I fall for the person, then yeah of course I'd date them. That's not a deal breaker, but they should probably learn about credit cards and the good they can bring (but not get into bad habits and spiral themselves into uncontrolled debt).

• True. I guess you just gotta learn how to control your spending.

• Some employers will do a credit history search on you, so they're tied together. People just need to educate themselves about money and credit. They need to exercise good habits. Uncontrolled spending gets them in trouble. It's hard when so many are such terrible examples.

• Buddy, as soon as I pay off my credit card, I'm tearing it up and shredding that sh*t into a million and one pieces. It's only going to be cash, from now on. If I can't afford it, I'm doing without. I'm paying 21.1% interest on my credit card. I did a very, very, very stupid thing.

• and YES, I would definitely prefer the girl I date to not be used to credit cards, as I know how hard it is to get out of debt

• Good for you man, I believe they're the biggest scam in history.

• what do you mean by "doesn't believe in credit cards"? like, they believe they don't exist? or they don't use them?

Credit cards are essential for building credit. Good credit score is very handy when you need some fast cash. If I didn't have a good credit score, I'd be screwed.

• That's actually a pretty bad idea. It's important to build a credit history. It's better to have credit cards and just not use them a lot. Otherwise when you need to take out a loan for a car or a house, you'll end up paying way more than you need to.

• Okay, I may consider getting one once I find a stable job lol

• Yeah. A stable job is a very useful thing!

• Why not? I'm sure credit cards don't say anything about whether or not the girl was a good person.

Actually, we do need to use credit cards sometimes, although we don't always have to use it. This is because we need to keep a good credit rating so that during times when we do need to use it, like when we buy a car or a house, we can actually buy them. It is really hard to get that kind of cash and pay with physical money.

But on the other hand, excessive use of credit cards can be dangerous. So if my partner doesn't use credit cards, she is unlikely to be in debt or anything.

• Oh. I read the question more clearly this time. My partner would need to understand that although credit cards can have its downsides, it can also be useful sometimes. We would just have to use it in a responsible manner.

• Do you really think there's somethng wrong with someone who doesn't believe in credit cards?

It'snot like theyhad AIDS or something!

• Like I assume girls wouldn't be interested in a guy who refuses to have a credit card because they might think he's poor or just cheap lol

• Yeah, true lol

• A lot ofpeople onlyuse them for major purchases, and get by on cash for day to day living..even today! I try to do that myself

• Hell ya, Credit Cards are sh*t. I don't have a single one and refuse to have one. I'm not gonna put myself in debt...

• Hahaha. Now, that's an interesting question you got there.

I have worked with credit cards (as a part time job) for over 2 years.

Yes, I would, but then again I know more about them than most people do and I also know what will happen if I do certain things with it.

• Yes of course. I don't even get what's the downside since I've never used a credit card. All I know is that it has a huge interests and should only be used if necessary.

• hnmm legal lone sharking hnmmm .. I was talked into getting t1 or 2,hardly use them unless a state of emergency ,store credit cards? they make you shop there! id say its OK to have good credit ,as for saying is it good or not? I hardly use it ,. and when I do use it ...i pay it back as soon as I can..

• "legal lone sharking"

I'm gonna be using that from now on when discussing this with other people lol

• yeah, big debt

• It's iffy. On the good side, they hopefully know how to manage their money. On the down side, how are they going to build credit (which plays into so many factors).

• Yeah, I think it's for the best to stay away from them anyway.

• yes

• as a guy definity yes , that save me a pile of $ as our dates would have to cost a lot less if neither of us had plastic to pay them with , no expensive dinners would be fine with me

• You can not believe in them all you want, they still exist ;)