Dated my best friend, lost my best friend, now what?

I lost my best friend. I was dating her for about one year, and we were together for about 2 months. And she just recently confessed that she no longer feels the same about me, her feelings have faded. The part that makes it hard is that I've known her for about 6 years. Ever since I met her, she has been in love with me. She tells everyone about her feelings about me and has admitted it to me at times through out the years. I never took advantage and never pursued anything until about 1 year ago. My feelings just began to change, and she insisted for me to give it a chance. She said to just let it happen and make her mine. I was scared of course because from experience I knew when most girls get what they want, they don't want it anymore, its all about the chase most of the time. Well, I was right. Now she says after 5 years of thinking she loves me, she doesn't know how to be with me. Being in such a serious relationship is too hard for her. She broke it off and apologized for disappointing me. She does have a history of being abandoned as a child by her mom, dad, and then foster mom. Her maturity level doesn't come close to mine. I've always been good to her, tried to show her that she can have something good in her life, but now we don't talk. I miss my best friend. What do I do? I don't want to chase her, and I don't want to just let her back in if she decides to come around later...please help.

What Girls Said 1

• i would give her time

i nearly dated my best friend

i mean after that break, talk to her, maybe text her

show her that you still care about her

she might think that you were only friends with her to go out with her

now she probably doesn't just view you as a 'friend', but more than that

so I guess just being friendly and nice is the best approach

What Guys Said 0