Would you date a separated man?

I met this guy who I have crazy chemistry with and we seem to connect on a really deep level. The only problem is that he is separated and therefore not keen to get into a heavy relationship. This manifests with him being incredible on our dates but not communicative in between.

Do I trust my instinct and carry on dating him hoping that if what we have is real, it will carry us through.Or do I take a step back and let him deal with his separation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely proceed with caution. If you are looking for a committed relationship, getting involved with someone who is separated will most likely lead to heartbreak. I have a rule not to date someone who has been divorced less than a year...people need time to deal with the end of a relationship and many need to get through the "sow wild oats" stage after a marriage ends. If you truly care about him, just take it slow. I agree that you should also see other people and just see where it takes you.

What Guys Said 3

• If he's separated, it's clear that he's still married to his wife. They just don't share the same board and bed.

• Only separated?

If he was married, wait until he's divorced.

• Just don't push. See where things go and enjoy. If you are in a hurry for more than date other guys also and pick the best most available one.

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't date a separated man, no. I'd wait until he was divorced.

• i would be very cautious. he could easily go back to his wife.