Friend texted a guy I like from my phone

So last night my friend got really drunk, took my phone, and texted a guy I like. We have not been on any real dates yet, but she send him a message saying that she "stole the phone and he should've gone out with us last night, and that I really like him and that we should be together." I also learned that she got his number and texted from her phone that she thinks we would make a cute couple. I am not sure how to deal with this because I don't want him to think I had anything to do with it. Also, how badly could this mess things up between us. My other friend thinks that it ruined any chances and if not it tainted any connection between us. How should I proceed with this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him (first of all) that your friend was drunk and texted this (it discredits whatever she said). Then talk to the friend because I can tell this was an invasion of your privacy even though she was drunk. Then see how he reacts, who knows; he may look disappointed :P or things may go back to normal. The most important thing is that he doesn't think you are just pulling a stupid prank to get his attention. Or if the chemistry is good enough, ask him out. Its up to you, but the key thing is to clear up the situation. good luck :)

What Guys Said 1

• It won't ruin anything. She's just pushing that you two should be a couple already. She's actually making things easy for the guy.

Simply, if you really like the guy, convey your feelings to him through your actions.

What Girls Said 1

• Oh this has happened to me! Just ignore it. :) I've ignored it, and now we're really good friends! :) (I didn't have a crush on him when we became friends, it suddenly faded.)