What experiences have people had with online dating?

Did it help you meet someone? Did it fail big time? Is it good for a shy person? How did ou know the person was who they said they were? What else lol?

Most Helpful Girl

• You only get results if you're hot and then it's mostly for sex.

• Really

• So pretty much I can't be shy.

• Yeah, sorry

What Girls Said 5

• honestly, the relationships I've had from meeting them online, all turned out to be a disaster in the end

it's easier to lie behind a screen, than in person

• It is frustrating I really want to meet one guy I met on social networking site but the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none.

• I went on Plenty of Fish after I got divorced looking for "practice dates" pretty much. I didn't even really care if I ever actually met face to face with anyone, I just wanted to (1) practice flirting; and (2) reassure myself men would still be interested in me. I accidentally ended up meeting someone I actually like quite a bit and have been dating for a few months with potential for something long term.

• I have been with my boyfriend for 7 months. We met on chatroulett of all places and I was not looking for dating. We became frienda on Facebook and we talked all the time. I friend zoned him at first ya ha ha we finally met at six flags and had a blast. We both can't drive yet and we have rely on parents and friends to take us to each other a trip of one hour. We can only see each other once or twice a month. :( by the way imm 18 and he's 19

• Most of the guys I met were only after sex. The few that wanted more were jerks that used me until something better came along. It's really no different than trying to date without the internet.

• try dating ugly guys . Were not trash

• I've dated guys of all kinds. Not all were very attractive, I go for personality. And I agree, someone isn't trash just because they're less attractive.

What Guys Said 3

• I ALWAYS did facetime or Skype before a meet up. I don't have time for "surprises" but for the most part quality is lacking, I got a lot of messages a day but you have to actually work harder.

You have to realize that they get TONS of messages a day if they are even remotely decent looking.

Just wasn't worth the effort IMO - I can go grocery shopping, to the coffee shop, literally anywhere and get a number much easier. Just got one today while I was in HOME DEPOT. Just approach and talk to REAL women.

• How do you talk to a girl at those places.

• It works for any guy as long as he is friendly ._. maybe not with all girls if theyre shallow, but if you just go up and make a comment about something she's looking at, she's easy to talk to. A book store would be a GREAT place, especially if there's s girl looking in a genre you like.

• That works I guess

• It worked for me once, after chatting 10 people at the same time. Only one yield in, though it's short lived, I had great time meeting someone as her.

• I did it for 3 months when I started dating again. Pricey but it got me some face time with women in a short period of time when I was very new to the game. None panned out but I did meet an assortment of personalities that got me used to talking and calling women again. A big con is it is time consuming. Lots of fluff and you never know if the other person is real. Unless you really feel you can give it a LOT of time, I say save your money.