5 years and still crushing on a guy I've never met.

I have these feelings for this guy I've never met in person. He lives half way around the world.

We met on MySpace in 2008, and started talking a lot. Chatting, calling each other. Talking to him helped me through rough times and made me the strong girl I am now. He always knew what to say. He used to stay up until 5 in the morning which is 5pm at where I'm at just to talk to me. We sort of 'dated' but you can't really call it dating as we've never met. He said he was gonna visit me one day and all those cheesy things like marry me and stuff. haha. But then we never really officially stopped dating but we kinda grew apart. So I guess it's not really a long distance relationship, as I dated other people and I'm guessing so did he. Or is it?

Well, as time went by we started talking less and less. But he was there when I needed to talk. We kinda grew apart. I thought he was sick of my constant whining. So I tried to not be such a baby and accept that I'm here and he's there and go through life. It's stupid on having a crush on a person I barely know. So I tried dating other people. It's weird, even though I'm dating people here, I'll always wish it was him I was dating. I'll always compare them to him. And when I have a break-up, I'll be okay as I know I deserve someone better hoping its him.

We didn't talk for a year or 2 I guess.

Then he sent me this letter saying he apologizes for not e-mailing me or Facebooking me as there is no internet at where he is now and he missed me terribly. He had to mail his friend to get my address. He sent the letter a day after his birthday which is kind of sweet I guess. He was sorry for not being able to get to know me that well and he apologized, and re-introduced himself.

His birthdate, his favorite candy, favorite food, favorite colors, and his goals in life. To have a career, a family of his own, and promised a girl that he was going to visit her one day and hope she remembers. If not, its fine. I hope she remembers now.

That really made my day. Just knowing that I crossed his mind for a bit reallyyyyy made my day. I know those are just words, but I really don't know what's wrong with me.

In the letter he said 'talking to you always made my day better. You may not know this, but talking to you helped me through rough times. You are a friend I wouldn't want to lose'

'Friend'. So... Not really long distance relationship I guess... or is it?

It took 3 weeks for me to receive his letter, so I'm still waiting and hoping he writes back. I miss him terribly.

I know its stupid for having feelings for a guy you've never met for almost 5 years, but that's just how I feel. I stopped responding to the guys here and literally just stopped caring because... I don't know. Well... What should I do? Do guys usually do that and I'm just overreacting

He didn't really say much like what those cheesy guys on the internet do or the ones on catfish that I just watched last night which is really eye opening lol he just wanted to know how I was doing and what's going on in my life and basically just wanted to be there for me

Most Helpful Guy

• This sounds like nothing more than internet BFFs to me. It's been 5 years and nothing transpired besides exchanges on the internet. Initially, he promised you the stars but never followed through on his actions. If he was crazy for you and if he was really willing to take an insane shot of love, he would've visit maybe just once. But for whatever reason, the distance/travel or impracticality, he back off.

I'm glad that you two made a significant impact on each others lives so that's why you will never forget about him. There's meaning and value obviously despite being separated by oceans and continents. But I think it's best for you to just move on and meet a real guy who will give you everything that the internet crush gave on that emotional and personal level...and eventually, you'll forget about internet guy because you'll be madly in love with a real man and he's probably in relationship as well.

What Guys Said 4

• It seems that he likes you a lot as well.

You should consider finding a new guy now because nothing will really happen if you can't see him personally.

• 5 years very long :(

• Damn I've been crushing on a girl for 1.5 years and thought it was bad I hope mine doesn't last that long. Good luck.

• Wow. You really have got it bad...

What Girls Said 0