Women, do you prefer to be friends with a guy before dating him?

Woman do you prefer to be friends with a guy before dating him, Does that help the relationship. I always thought being friends before dating could strengthen the relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the best way to solve it is to take things very slowly. If you think about what a friend is as a definition, from wikipedia Friendship idenotes co-operative and supportive behavior between people. A relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, and affection and respect. Friends will welcome each other's company be loyal towards each other. They have similar tastes and they will share enjoyable activities. They will exchange of advice and the sharing of hardship. A friend is someone who may often demonstrate reciprocating and reflective behaviors. Friendship is the trust that someone will not harm them.

So, basically if you look at that you would want those characteristics in a relatioship. However on the other had you don't want them to end up as your big brother. Basically you want all of those qualities in a relationship but still with the sexual attraction etc.

I think the way around this is to take things very very slolwy. Go on dates ad actually DATE. Do activities you enjoy together, take time to get to know each other but still keep that sexual chemistry their and the desire, and to be honest I think you keep that by not having sex too quickly, I think that will make them lose respect for you if you jump in bed too soon, holding out for a while will increase the desire, don't give too much of yourself too soon and keep some mystery there and independence.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes.It could. But it doesn't necessarily have to be that way...Sometimes it can be nice.In other cases,I just can't picture myself thinking about a guy I like as a friend ! That would kinda kill it for me. But in other cases...it makes it great to have that guy as a friend too. It kinda depends from the guy.

• it can but I think if ur really really good frends the girl may be afraid to wreck the frendship...so frends yes so you no you have stuff in common because I hate it when a guy I barely know or don't know at all just asks me out because its awkward and kinda seems cocky so being frends 1st is gud!...sryy tht was really repetitive lol:) and also sorry I'm too lazy to fix all my spelling errors but its almost one am so yeah...

What Guys Said 0