Is it too early to try a "good morning" text message?

I was planned to meet with this girl at a friends bonfire so we could possibly go to prom together. Well, at the bonfire, we really hit it off and I found out that she was really into me from a friend of hers. So, I'm asking her to prom this week.

Anyway, we just starting texting yesterday after I got her number. It went really well, and I'm wondering if it is too soon to try a "good morning" text message tomorrow. What do you think about all this? is it too early?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's perfect, actually :)

A good morning text is fine at this point since you've established some sort of connection. Most girls find that super sweet, even if you haven't known each other for forever.

I would keep chatting, maybe even set up a "date"/hangout within the next couple weeks. Make sure you ask her to the Prom at least 4-5 weeks prior to the night so she has time to get a dress and you can get reservations made. And make sure to keep hanging out and getting to know each other before the dance so that the date won't be so awkward :)

In other words... DO IT!

What Girls Said 2

• I think that if she also knows you are her potential prom date, I think you should go for it. Some, no scratch that, a lot of girls seem to get freaked out when guys text them with simple things like good morning and stuff but since she knows your trying to woo her for prom, I don't think she'll be wierded out at all. Go for it and have fun at prom!

• No its not too early. She will think you are sweet for sending her that good morning text.

What Guys Said 2

• It's not too soon, actually you're already past the good time.

Send her that message. It will brighten her day, definitely.

• If you like her, go for it. The worst thing a girl can do to you is say no. So why not? Take a chance. Some girls really get interested quick and would love you to do the same.