How traditional are you when it comes to texting?

Traditionally, the norm is that guys should initiate the first text, especially in a relationship.

So girls, do you expect your boyfriend to initiate the first text? The goodnight text, etc?

Guys, do you usually send out the first text? Goodnight text? etc.

A buddy of mine is dating a girl who could go the entire day without texting him, if he doesn't text her first. I find it extremely humorous.

• I'm a girl, I wait for him to text first
  • I'm a girl, and I will text him first sometimes
  • I'm a guy, and I have to text her first
  • I'm a guy, and she has to text me first
  • I'm a guy/girl, and whoever texts first, texts first
Thanks for the answers everyone. Looks like most people don't really care who texts first.

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't really matter who texts first. There's no set of rules.

Though traditionally, the guys should really initiate the first text.

I usually do and I have no problems.

• I've always thought the same thing. I just find it funny how some girls refuse to text first and can go days without talking to their S.O's if they don't initiate the first text.

What Girls Said 11

• I think it's silly that people stress over who should text whom first. If you want to talk to someone, talk to them. If you don't, don't. It's that simple. People need to stop complaining when people don't feel like texting first. Some people just don't like texting or texting frequently. Why should those people start the conversation when they don't even like it?

• I text first sometimes, but I feel I'm annoying him/bugging him/being clingy when I do. So I let him text first most of the time.

• E for me. I like to see a guy show some initiative and text me first at least sometimes but if I wanna talk to a guy I won't hesitate to do so.

• If a guy wants me, he'll come and get me. Let him sms, let him ask me out, let him come find me.

• I let the guy text me first at the beginning of the relationship, because I do not "chase" men :P

But after we are in a committed relationship, I text him first every now and then too :) I want him to know I like him just as much as he likes me!

• Now if only more girls were like this. Most of the ones I have come across have a "he should initiate first" mentality. That's usually my cue to run.

• Well he should be initiating first at the beginning, like I said. But little games like that need to stop after a couple becomes more serious. A relationship is a two way street :)

• Couldn't have said it better myself.

• i would change my answer to E. I do wish that the guy I like would text first sometimes but MOST of the time, I start the texting. -.- lol

• He initiates the texting almost 75% of the time, but if I want to text him, I just do it. Who cares... If I don´t want to, then I don´t. As simple as that,

• It really doesn't matter to me..though I do try not to text too much since I'm a text whore:p

• Whoever texts first texts first, I don't believe in all of this rules crap, it's the 21st century.

• I wait

• If I have something to say or I want to say hi, and they haven't texted me yet, I'll just text them. It's not a big deal. Some people attach a lot of importance to "who texts first", which I find a bit silly. Haha!

What Guys Said 4

• Traditionally, there was no texting.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

Unless you are talking about traditions, like back in 2008.

• I voted C because I'm a "straight-shooter" type of person (maybe to a fault but I'd be me than pretend to be anyone else).

If I'm interested, I want to let her know, and I usually end up texting first because I'm not the type to "play the waiting game".

• Prime example of how people should treat texting.

I was actually referring to texting a S.O. (after having the "relationship talk" of course). But I do appreciate the input

• I'm so traditional with texting that I don't even text.

However, if I did text, I think it would not matter. First come, first serve.

• It doesn't matter aslong as it isn't to one sided for either.