How to date the alpha male?

My "boyfriend" is the ultimate alpha male. Best cars, lots of women, loads of money, and confidence that makes most men blush. Just like a predictable woman, I fell for him. Sometimes it gets a little out of hand because he has a very strong personality and therefore opinions. I want to be able to keep his attention and show him that I really am the girl for him. I know he has feelings for me- but I just want to know 1) any experiences you've had with alpha males (dated one or are one) 2) ways to keep our relationship interesting 3)any extra opinions

Thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• I would say that it's just like anything else in life. This is just a matter of bargaining power, purchase/sales price and terms.

This is a case of you (the purchaser) trying to buy (or in this case, rent or lease) something you want. There's no point in bluffing by pretending you don't value what he has to offer, because you and him both know that he can just find other women who will openly value what he has to offer. Next, he is fully aware of the value that he has to offer. So, there's no question that he has very high bargaining power.

Your question, rephrased slightly, is, "what is he going to do with all that bargaining power?" What does he want?

If he was an iPhone, a professional athlete, a skilled doctor or lawyer, or a very fashionable designer bag, he would want money - that's what his desired benefit would be for the bargaining power he commands. However, he's neither of those things, yet he still wants a certain currency. Dating is just like any other rental or lease transaction.

Think of the market (women interested in renting him), and think of what you have to offer him, and why "YOUR DEAL" is better than any other deal that's available to him.

Does your offer include an option to buy or obligation to sell himself by or after a certain date (marriage)? If so, subtract from the value of your offer.

Does your offer include a mandatory waiting period for sex or other sexual contact? If so, subtract from the value of your offer.

Does your offer include any limitations or restrictions on sex or other sexual conduct? If so, subtract from the value of your offer.

Does your offer include a bitchy personality in constant need of control or dominance, or an insecure personality in constant need of reassurance? If so, subtract from the value of your offer.

Does your offer include frequent quality sex and other sexual conduct? If so, add to the value of your offer.

Does your offer include slutty behavior, dressing, and uninhibited conduct in the bedroom? If so, add to the value of your offer.

Does your offer include any limitations or restrictions on his conduct, whereabouts, or duty for him to report his conduct, location, or thoughts to you? If so, subtract from the value of your offer.

Are you hot? If so, add to the value of your offer.

Are you capable of having a meaningful or interesting conversation with him? If so, add to the value of your offer.

I hope you get the idea. That's all that's really going on in the context of dating. Value in exchange for value. If he has a lot of value, then you better be able to match it up with a package of equal value if you want to continue to enjoy the benefits of being with him. That's neither a challenge nor an impossible task. It's just a condition that needs to happen so that him being with you continues to make sense.

What Girls Said 0