How can I get my boyfriend to be more affectionate again?

He's 23 and I'm 24. We've been together for almost two years now. Like most relationships, in the beginning he was so sweet. He would text me each morning, tell me I'm beautiful, hold my hand, give me kisses, cuddles, tell me how grateful he is to have me.

Fast forward a year later and all of it stopped. I have to initiate hugs, kisses, cuddling, hand holding and sometimes he doesn't even feel like it. He only tells me "I love you" when we say our routinely good nights. There's no problem with our sexual relationship at all. I don't know if it's his way of affection but he's always wanting to "wrestle", slap my butt, ,grab my boobs, and joke around with me.

I just want to feel special and loved. I mean, he does small things to show he cares like he'll get upset if I hadn't call at night to know I got home safe so I know he cares. It's just I need him to be more affectionate.

Most women tell their men this and they change for a few days but then revert back to their old ways. How do I prevent that?

What Guys Said 1

• i don't think he's going to change. he's past the infatuation stage, and is comfortable where your relationship stand, especially in the sex department. I think you have to accept him for how he is, or find someone who is more compatible with your emotional needs. sorry.

What Girls Said 0