Girls: how long to reply to first text

Say you met a guy at a bar and hit it off. Before you leave you offer him your number. He texts you 2 days later saying it was nice to meet you. How long before you reply?

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmmm well, if I was into the guy then I would reply as soon as I read the text (which could be hours since I work and don't really check my texts too often)...if I wasen't into the guy I'd probably ignore the text...and if I was too hammered to remember what the guy looked like then I would probably ignore it as well...

When I am interested it takes me about 12 hours at MOST to reply

Answer mine please? its short

What Girls Said 11

• Not long, long enough to not seem needy and to make him curious, but not to long for him to loose interest.

• I will respond right away depending on when I get the text and if I'm around when I get it. I think if you are really interested in someone you should show it and forget about this "I don't want to come off as desperate" mess.

• if I like what I got to learn about him I'll probably text him the same day..

• I'd probably text him an hour or two after that.

• I text him right away to ask him when are we gonna hook up

• Yeah, wait two days and reply then ask if he wants to meet up for lunch.

• Id text him that same day

• If he waited 2 days to text me, I probably wouldn't reply.

• Why is that, too long? The "rule" is 3 so that's on the early side..

• Who makes these crazy rules? Follow such rules if you want to be tossed aside.

• I was also pretty hung over the next day so I wanted to wait until I was more clear headed.

• I'd respond as soon as I could. I don't intentionally wait to respond like some do. I hate games like that, haha!

• If I don't reply right away then chances are I'm not replying at all.

• Whenever I have the time to text him back. I don't get the point of purposely waiting to reply. It seems silly to me.

What Guys Said 3

• As soon as you see the text. Why play games so early on? What does it prove in the end? I'm a firm believer that if you have to play games you don't deserve attention. Also hugely against whatever pickup artists and players will say/do so that influences what my take on relationships is.

• Please do yourself a favour and don't play any text games with people. Its a waste of your time as well as whoever you're talking to. Just casually respond. Don't respond seconds after you get the text because that just makes you look needy. But other than that, there really are no guidelines. Everything else you read about "texting rules" is complete B.S.

• only if he's good looking they reply