My friend/labmate/coworker is dating someone and over these past couple months I've started developing

feelings for her too :(. , and she has only been dating him since November. I'be met the guy and I feel she could do a lot better. I'm not saying that because of those feelings because I don't even know if I would ask her out because of awkwardness. Sometimes she complains about him in the lab, and a couple weeks ago they got into a fight because he was trying to dictate who she could and couldn't talk too. Even though I don't know if I would ask her out because of fear of awkwardness the fact that I know she can do better generally is like a knife in my side.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I have no intention to break them up nor "ask her out now". I don't think you read my entire post, lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• i would stay out of it and wait for them to break up (if they ever do)

dont be that person to break up a relationship. she is taken, move on.

What Girls Said 1

• "...they got into a fight because he was trying to dictate who she could and couldn't talk too..."--- just wait, their relationship is doomed to failure.

What Guys Said 1

• yeah but you can't really ask her out if she's allready dating someone else yet alone someone you know . and even if they break up you'd have to give them a cooling off period before if be cool for you to ask her out say at least a couple months . you can't just try and break them up if there still dating and honestly expect its going to be successful