Starting out with the whole dating slowly.

So I had a conversation yesterday with one of my friends who is a lesbian about relationships and how I've never been in one. I feel like I got nowhere and it was mostly just me yelling at her about how she doesn't understand anything about me. So I was wondering how should I got about finding a girlfriend. I'm 23 years old and I have no experience in this realm. I graduated college with a B.A. in English (Creative Writing) from the University of New Mexico and I recently got accepted into Graduate School at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. My home town of Albuquerque hasn't been kind in to me in terms of all the women I've wanted to ask out have had boyfriends. So I'd like to know kind of a play by play of perhaps how I should proceed. My interests include: heavy metal music (which apparently isn't a hit with the ladies.), writing, playing guitar, documentary films, and yea I'm kind of stoner so I don't know if that works against me or not. Thank you in advance for any constructive answers I might receive.

What Girls Said 1

• congrats on getting into grad school :) my advice is to just put yourself out there. if you're interested in someone ask them out, if it works then just keep seeing them. it usually takes a bit of hit & miss until you find someone you want to keep seeing, but be patient and don't give up.

What Guys Said 1

• well at least you have a college degree meanwhile I am 25 and I still don't have a college degree yet haven't even finished Community College, unfortunately girls are allowed to be under educated but guys are not