Dating wise..is it easier being white?

It always seems that way. I feel minorities have a bunch of stereotypes to deal with. They just can't be normal in a predominantly white society. Am I delusional with this thought..or maybe is it time to move to another country? Maybe Brazil..prettier women..not as many judgments. I've had a good experience with those women.

And no I don't know yoga..or own a gas station!

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't say EASIER...but different.

I truly feel that people who are white, get more of a "blank slate" or "default" perception in the minds of the average person.

If you're a non-white person, there are stereotypes already built into the average person's mind before the MOMENT they see you (positive as well as negative stereotypes).

Of course positive stereotypes are an "advantage", and negative stereotypes are a "disadvantage".

-----

As a black American male, I definitely feel that some people are already "on guard" or "cautious" (as in the antennae metaphorically go up) whenever I approach some ppl, whether it be in a dating sense or in a simple business/patron/everyday-person type of sense.

But at the same time I get more positive feedback as well (the whole "black penis is huge" thing, probably a dominant personality guy, other fetish stuff, etc.)

So it works both ways. Not necessarily BETTER or WORSE overall than having a "default" slate of the average white American guy...just different.

What Girls Said 5

• im white and I would say yes. but I don't agree with them not acting "normal." I jjust think that a lot of stereotypes have been engraved in peoples minds about them that sometimes they aren't given a chance

• You'll never be white so focus elsewhere.

• I'll say I'm black and I've had a fair few men who wanted to date me (spans of about 5-10 in the last few months). Only one of them was black, about 4 were white, one asain, one Indian, few mixed, currently seeing a french guy who looks sort of Indian (but isn't, he's just tan). I don't think it would be any easier if I was a white equivalent.

• Probably so. I've never had a guy say "I don't like white girls" but I've heard plenty of guys say "I don't like black girls " "I'd never date an Asian chick" "Indian girls are ugly" etc. Now I'm not saying everyone likes white girls, but most people do and it would be naive to claim that white people aren't strongly preferred and at a much greater advantage when it comes to dating. I'm assuming it's the same for white males, though I obviously don't know.

• I've only ever been white, so I have nothing to compare it to, haha!

I haven't noticed the minorities around here having a more difficult time dating than anyone else.

• White is always right homie

What Guys Said 12

• Actually it all depends on the type of women you choose to date. Clearly there are factors to consider. If you're trying to stay within your own race, then of course, you will have the advantage. While there will be women within your race who prefer to date White men, those numbers will pale in comparison to those who are okay dating within their race.

If you are looking to date outside of your race, that's when the playing field differs. Not to worry, all is never lost and while your chances are reduced, they're not non existent.

If you're looking to date a White woman, then you have a good chance even though it's the White man's home turf so to speak. A good percentage of White women do tend to be more open to dating other races, to include Black, Hispanic, even though they tend not to be so much into Asian men, however there are some who are.

Black women, the numbers tend to be less as many prefer to stay within the Black race. However, with the decrease of eligible Black men, they are becoming more open to dating outside of their race. The thing is, for the most part, they are seeking White men more than other races.

Hispanic women are definitely open to dating outside of their race as well. While many will prefer to stay within the Hispanic race, you have many who will date either Black or White men.

Asian women who tend to date non Asian men, greatly favor dating White. There is a small percentage of Asian women who actually seek out Black men, but those percentages are pretty much next to nothing if you're in the confines of the United States but it's not impossible.

With the amount of negative stereotypes that many people use to generalize other races, particularly minorities, it does create a handicap, but only to the people who choose to feed into it. You have to be able to rise above it and make yourself stand out more. If you start using the stereotypes aimed at you as your crutch, then your handicapping yourself.

For the most part, a good percentage of men and women have some sort of understanding that these are only stereotypes and there is no validity to them. Those are the women you have to target. Those with iron clad preferences that you don't fall under are more than likely not going to give you the time of day regardless and many of these will often hide behind the stereotypes to justify their preferences.

To begin with, you have to believe you are as good as all your competition and you have to present that persona. Confidence, the way you carry yourself, and your views of other will greatly help. If you feel that White guys are the reason why you can't date certain women, then believe it or not, you too are feeding into a stereotype.

There's good and bad in every race. You have to align yourself with the good of society and project that in your interactions with others and that will open up your range of possibilities. Believe it or not many women just want a good man regardless of color.

• Depends on if you're trying to go out with a white girl or not. Many (though still the minority of) white girls prefer to date darker skin tones while many, many dark women want to date white males. On a global scale, I would say it's definitely easier being white.

• very true. I feel, I'm either getting interest because of my race or rejected because of race. I'm never me for me.

• I can see where you're coming from. White girls who want to date darker guys usually have the mindset of "OMG! A darker guy! I want to date him!" and then get to know his personality later. Although, there will be plenty of girls who will like you for you. It just takes some sifting through the trash to find a treasure.

• Exactly. I'm just confused being out here.

• yes I' not white and I'm really attractive so I can tell you how it really is

assuming you're in to white girls,

white girls who grew up around with very few asians/black people in their neighborhood are not going to find you attractive no matter how good looking you are.

girls who are used to other races are more accepting.

personally I feel like the key is how a girl perceives herself. if she s not confident about her social life she wants a guy who could bring her up. if you're asian, its not gonna help. if you're black you're not gonan help either unless you're reggie bush or something.

but confident girls with lots of friends and ones that are reasonably attractive will have no problem daitng outside of white people b.c they're already comfortable with themselves and dont' care as much about what others might think of them for dating non whites

• You should have more confidence in your own skin.

Women don't really look at the skin of a guy.

As long as you present a favorable personality and your willingness to commit to them, they'll fall for you.

• It does kind of seem that way but if you're a good guy I think you're fine.

• You're decent looking and you're in great physical shape. You don't have any excuse as to why women won't find you attractive.

• You're not delusional. Maybe a bit misguided in your perceptions of things. But to answer your question: I'll have to answer it with a question. "Why would you want to be?!?"

I'm going to go a little far out with this, so bear with me.

America will always show you its good face. Much like any country that thrives on tourism, they will only show you the pretty people when dealing with mass media, i.e. Television, News, Magazines, etc.

For every white person you see driving a Mercedes or Benz there are 20 (maybe more) that are living check to check and PRAYING interest rates do not change; And vice versa.

As I've said before they will only show you the "pretty faces"? Well, they will show you, through the same mass media (mostly Television) who the "dis-enfranchised" people are. Hint: They will be dark of skin or wearers of mullets. More of the former than the latter, but all equally "economically destitute".

Now, now keeping that in mind, is it better to be white dating wise? Depends on the job you have. In a country where a predominant race rules economically, then sure it will be good to be that race. Better job, more money; more money, the more women will want you because women love money. Women will not even look at a broke guy. So, of course it would be better; but again, why would you want to be them? (I know we're talking about white people but I can think of a few other races I'd rather be. Less destructive and long gone bad PR overviews.)

When I enter a predominantly race set club, I don't sweat it. I like being different (barring hostile racial environments) because the women can't assume anything about me. And if they do, that will either keep them away (better for me) or they'll get curious and ask. And curiosity is 60% of a woman's dating genome.

If I have to go home alone then so be it. I haven't lost face; I've gotten out of the apartment; I've spent time with my buds if I show up with them, and I've heard some of the latest music and maybe have seen some of the latest dances.

So, no. I don't think it would be better. It's not what you are, man. It's who you are. If you don't manage that well and put your best foot forward, then how is anyone else gonna see that? (especially a white girl? women don't come anymore perfidious than that.)

• Update: I'd like to apologize to all the white women I offended with my ending comment. I was wrong.

ALL women are perfidious when it comes to money and those that have it.

• The only people who will say "No" are people who are White.

• It doesn't matter what color you are. If your good looking your good looking

• Yes it is. Stereotypes are a huge problem too. Like you said white guys especially have few negative stereotypes whereas stereotypes are the major driving force for girls to date minorities. It is black guys are so ghetto or black guys have big d***s. White guys generally don't have anything positive or negative so girls are more willing to get a closer look at their personality and making a decesion of that.

• no its the same.

Women don't give a sh*t what a man looks like unless he's green and smells like money I suppose that might help you.

Women are attracted to men who know how to make money.

Its not about ambition or success.

You can have ambition and success and have no money. Both of which are useless if they don't equate to money.

But you can't go and win the lottery either. You have to know how to MAKE money.

So be like a walking money tree that grows cash that they can pick like a farmer.

Or "digger".

if you get my drift.

• I know plenty of guys of all colors that get the girls. Stop victimizing yourself and then you will have a chance