Guy cancels first date due to being ill, then tries to arrange another short notice. What gives?

So I spoke to this guy online for a little while and then he asked me out, we had a plan, then on the day he messages me to say that he's really sorry and really wants to see me, but he's sick and thought he'd be fine by the time our date rolled around, but he's not. I ignore the message, then on the weekend he texts asking if I happen to be free anytime during the weekend. I'm not, so I tell him I'm busy, but it would be nice to go out sometime soon. He replies 'sure' and I haven't heard anything since that and it's been about a week. Is it worth sending a follow-up text or just leaving it alone?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is possible that he was genuinely sick. You were busy when he texted you for this last minute date. But to me that sounds like he is eager to meet with you. I'd say he is really interested. You should give him a chance.

People do get sick, don't write him off unless he does it again. He probably feels incredibly bad that he had to cancel on you. And I think it's a good sign that he wanted to try a last minute date. If someone is seriously interested, they MAKE time for you. Even if that means a last minute date idea.

You were busy so unfortunately that didn't work out. But I think the thing is now he probably feels as though he lost his chance. I would send a follow up text. Find out what his schedule is like and go from there :)

If he does cancel again, then that is when I would forget about him.

• Thanks, I did just that. The date is meant to happen tonight. Let's see if he actually turns up!

• Just an update we arranged a date, the day rolled around and he didn't get in touch to confirm, so I just didn't go then the next day he sent a text to say he 'forgot' and wasn't in town! I don't get these people! Why bother arranging something in the first place?

• I know right, that is so flakey! Well, the only thing you can do now is say NEXT! Find a guy who will actually make a plan, and commit to it. Don't waste your time on guys who flake last minute.

What Guys Said 2

• It's worth to send up a follow-up text. He must be genuinely sick.

Or it's still best if you'll get the time to visit him.

• He might have a really bad case of Diarrhea

What Girls Said 2

• Simply send him a text and jokingly tell him that he owes you a date.

If he makes plans, then have fun on your next date.

If he makes excuses, then forget about him and move on.

• He was probably legitimately sick and thinks you don't believe him and that you've given up on him. If you actually want to see the guy then send him a text. If not then just leave it.