Is it okay for a 25 year old guy to date a 18/19 year old girl?

I am just curious on whether this would be acceptable in your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• it is not. it's not going to last. if you both want just fun, then go for it. but nothing serious can come from that

• Really? My parents have been married for almost 30 years now and they are 10 years apart.

What Girls Said 21

• I'm 18 and I dated a 24 year old. It lasted about a year and a half, but we decided to end it because *I* wanted to, not him. I just grew as a person and changed, and I felt like we didn't really click like we used to. The reason I bring this up is because a lot of people assume the man goes after a young girl just for sex and all of that bullsh*t, but it's completely untrue. It's fine as long as they are committed to each other.

• Of course both two consenting adults.

I was 19 when I started going out with my boyfriend who was 27/28

• Yep.

• My best friend is 19 and she's engaged to a 25 year old, so yeah, it's acceptable.

• It's acceptable but it really depends on both people. Some girls that age (me included) would feel uncomfortable going out with a guy that much older than them. Also, it's very likely that a 25 year old and an 18 year old would be at very different places in their lives so it would be hard to make it work.

• Nothing wrong with that.

I was 17 when I met a 24 year old guy. So your situation is much suitable.

• yes. I'm 24 and my partners 31 we've been together over 2 years and are very happy :) I've never felt like there is an age gap at all. I've always been mature for my age and he still likes to think he's 25 haha. so we fit perfectly.

• OFCOURSE IT'S OKAY! :D

• I think it depends on her maturity.

• Yes, it is. Girls can be way more mature than guys anyways.

• Yeah, why not? As long as they have similar values, can relate to each other, have the same intent for the relationship and equal power. That goes for any age difference by the way.

• No.

• I think it doesn't matter because they're both grown and can do whatever they want.

• of course its acceptable.. a girl who is 18/19 usually more mature than a guy who is 24/25.

• My dad is 10 years older than my mom.. they look fine to me.

Anymore than 10 years is too much.

• They are adults and can make their own decisions so why would it not be OK?

• When I was 16 I started to date this 23 year old age is just a number

• sure

• I'm sure everyone has a different opinion about it, but for me personally, it would be okay. I'm almost 18, and I wouldn't have any problems dating a 25 year old guy.

• It's acceptable to me, sure.

• Of course. My parents are 6 years apart like that and started dating each other at that age. As you get older age becomes less of an issue. They've been married for 30 years now.

What Guys Said 15

• It is, but keep in mind if she's college oriented and transfers far away that it'll probably end. I had this problem with one girl because she ended up transferring to a school 3 hours away so we ended the relationship.

• i just did... and it wasn't a good ending... WAY too immature... I did something romantic, got her in trouble by her parents... she forgave me but still can't see what I did was so thoughtful and nice for her birthday.. all she sees is her point of view and not mine.. real unreasonable... I got hurt and still hurting at the moment her maturity level isn't up to par with mine. my advice, don't get serious AT ALL..

• It's really acceptable. As long as you will commit to her, then it will work out.

• Both people are adults it is fine to me.

• Of course.

• I don't see a problem with it at all!

• As long as they are legal age it does not matter, if they are mature enough for it go for it.

• I would say yeah but if they are younger then eighteen your too low.. Just saying

• Yeah its Acceptable.

• I think so man.

• I think 25 should be the limit for 18 year old so its okay

• Why wouldn't it be?

• She's legal, so yeah its okay.

• In the government can put them on the frontline, then they're old enough for the D.

For sex but not a relationship.

• Yes it's fine. She's an adult and as long as you both have enough in common and have a strong connection then it's fine. It depends on the individuals. Everyones different and too many people worry about age gaps