Would you date someone with aspergers?

I'm afraid to tell certain people at my college, especially guys, because of a few reactions I've seen already. Some guy I met have compared it to being retarded. I just wish I wasn't judged on what I can't change, and I don't think I'd ever want to change it if I could. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

What Guys Said 7

• Do you really wanna be with somebody who thinks aspies are retards? You shouldn't be afraid of telling people that. Like, someone who thinks of the mentally... Othered? Whatever the branch word would be - someone who doesn't tolerate anyone who isn't neurotypical, basically, is going to be abusive as hell.

Anyway yeah I would. I have, and it was terrible. But that's not because he had aspergers, it's because he was a piece of sh*t, basically. The two aren't mutually exclusive. But, I've got a lot of friends who are on the autism spectrum, etc. And I might be on the autism spectrum, actually. I have to get like officially screened, but I'm probably not going to cos I don't care, LOLOL. But like, I'm just saying. I wouldn't be against it of course.

• Every human who was actually somebody: Albert Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, Nikola Tesla, Aristotle, Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton, etc, could've been diagnosed with A.S.

People should praise those with A.S., because without it you'd still be starting fires with sticks and sleeping on rocks.

• I have A.S. as well too, no problem with that if I found her attractive

• You have aspergers like chief keef, its nothing..

• I suppose it would depend. Is it extreme or not noticeable? Mild, maybe? It would really depend, and I'd have to observe it before I could make up my mind.

• I haven't met a girl with it.

• When it comes to psychological disorders, I think it depends on how strongly it's expressed.

• its more mild. I think a lot of people can't tell I have it until I tell them. To most people I'm just weird

• So then I wouldn't worry about it that much.

What Girls Said 4

• Don't tell them super early on. Let them get to know you a bit first, then casually slip it in. If they're decent, they will get to know you for you and not judge.

I dated some guys with Asperger's before (or so they claimed) and had terrible experiences with them because they were abusive and used the Asperger's as an excuse for their behavior, hence why I would not date a guy who claims he has it again. But I don't think girls do that as much.

You'll be alright if you really click with someone good IMO. Best of luck!

• I have not dated anyone with Aspergers, but I probably would if I really liked them.

• I have dated someone with aspergers and it didn't work out.

• Don't tell them you have it. Sure you might have this "disorder" and it just makes you different. There is someone who will love you for just the way you are. By saying you have a disorder, its like telling them what they love is wrong.