29 year old guy dating 20 year old girl

she's about to get in to medical college...what do you think, any down sides?

Most Helpful Guy

• Upside: She's young and as hot as she'll ever be.

Downside: She's just becoming an adult and will still change a fair bit. Much less likely to be into a stable long-term relationship unless she's very mature.

• Thanks for best answer! How's it going with her? How long have you been seeing her?

• I work in a software company and she lives around 3-4 kilometers away from my home. She is living with her parents. A Family oriented and a sweet girl I should say. Even though she's 20 she's kind of responsible, consequently we both are keeping close as much as we can. Hardest part is it will take five more years for her to get out from medi college. Anyway we give it a go and see. :)

• So she'll live with her parents that whole time? Not in a dorm or med student housing?

Is she able to stay with you at all during the week or on the weekends?

What Girls Said 5

• There are a lot of downsides to this:

1. There is almost a 10 year age difference. Considering she's only 20, this is major. If she were 29 and you were 38, it would be a little different because you both had significant time to live an adult life. She's only been out of high school for 3 years. So yes, that can be a down side.

2. She's starting med school. I've had friends in both med and law school. During this time, I rarely ever say them due to time. They were always too busy & always stressed.

Those are the obvious downsides. On paper, this doesn't sound like a good relationship start. But there are always exceptions.

• You're both adults so of course you can do what you like, however, I do think a down side would be that she's just getting into university, she's going to be a student for a very long time yet and at your age I'm guessing you've finished school, go a job and a steady income. The issue here is that you could be ready to settle down and have a family, home and all of that stuff, she won't be able to put much time into this, and certainly will not to be able to provide much financial support. At these ages, you're just at different stages in your lives, so it could be difficult to work around that.

• THe major problem likely won't be the age difference, it will probably be the lack of time she has due to medical college. Every second will be spent studying!

But also, you're in two different parts of your life. She's just starting her exciting 20's and will want all the experiences that entails while you're ending them.

If you date her you'll have to let her be a 20 year old and not hold her back from things 20 year olds do.

• Personally, I feel that if age difference isn't more than 10 years, it's still possible :) I believe in the saying that Age doesn't matter in love. If you really love each other, why the heck would anyone care about how old you are? The only problem that could arise is that you both are born in different generations and this could result in some conflicting interests like music genre / games / etc. But it shouldn't be much of a problem if your love is strong.

• It should be fine. Just give her enough space to do her schoolwork. :)

What Guys Said 4

• ... why not?

• There's no down sides into it. It's just the age and experience that's lacking with the girl.

You should really try to pursue this girl if you really like her.

• She's essentially a teenager, she'll want to experiment with drugs, alcohol, she might cheat on you, etc etc.

• Bro Code #113. Age rule is always: Your age divided in half and add seven. You should be around 21.5 but, you may be able to slide. The word of Barney. Amen.