Going on a date with a guy its my first time What should I wear on the first date? Any suggestions

Well I been talking to this guy that I haven't met in person yet but I seen & talked to him on Skype. He told me he wants to met me in person since we just live one hour apart he said he could drive over here to where I live and go eat dinner. I said yes. But the problem is that I don't know what to wear I've never been on a date with a guy so I don't know if too wear a dress or pants..

And how should I do my hair straight, curly, wavy, or wavy curly, up or down? lol I don't wanna look all fancy but also not bummy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello ItsPoison :)

As your going for a meal at presumably a restaurant, I would advise in wearing a dress, as they can be worn comfortably in any situation. You should remember that this night is about enjoying yourself, so don't worry too much about looks, just have fun! :)

Try your best to not cover yourself in too much make up or anything too "slutty", as that can look very tacky and fake. Judging by the fact you both use Skype, he likes you for how you are and I don't blame him :P

I think you look gorgeous no matter how your hair is. You won't look "bummy" in a nice dress with a giant smile across your face :) It shows confidence, maturity and can be incredibly sexy :P

Just for safety, I advise you to inform your parents where you will be going, with whom and what time you return. Make sure you keep your mobile charged and try to be familiar with the surrounding area. This guy ultimately is a stranger, so it's best to be safe than sorry. There are freaks out there... Hopefully this guy is a keeper!

Good Luck!

Msg me if you need anything

-MashDown5

• Thank you for your advice! <3

Yes I think I'm going to take a dress I feel comfortable in. & I have told my parents about meeting this boy & going out to dinner. My mom said she is going to be there when I meet him lol hopefully she likes him. (:

• Thank you :D

• Soooo when's the big day hun? x

What Guys Said 14

• wear whatever makes you comfortable but also something that you feel attractive in. Don't go over the top though because the first date will set a tone in this guys head of how you dress. So if you go in some fancy gown (I know you aren't but just as an example) he is going to think that you dress that way all the top. I think based on your pic (as you are really really naturally attractive) you could leave your hair like that, wear jeans/pants and some cute top and you will absolutely kill this guy.

• Wear what makes you look pretty and is correct for time of day, temp, and level of formality. Nothing is more sexy than confidence. As far as how to style your hair I'd have to ask what are you wearing. Look online at whatever designer clothing you are going to wear and see if you like the hair the stylist approved for the photo shoot. Good luck =)

• Your profile pic looks fine for a 1st date. That kind of style is fine. Assuming he's around your age, he's likely not taking you to a 4 star restaurant.

• Wear what you're comfortable in, not what you think will look good to him. You should wear what you normally wear imo. Be you. If he doesn't accept how you normally are from the start of the relationship, there's no reason to even try for more as it'll end.

And if you've never really met this person, I'd say let your friends/family know about where you're going and with who. Hell, it would have been better to have a friend come with you on the date with their own (double date) so it'd be safer. But, I'll assume you're being smart about it.

So ya, just wear something comfy. That pic (I'm assuming of you) seems like a fine kinda outfit if that's what you'd normally wear. And Keep your hair as you normally have it. Don't over think or stress about it. Just be you.

• Wear something like that in your profile picture.

Try to go with a straight hair. That's more attractive than those curly or wavy ones.

• I like curly wavy hair nice blouse with a scarf ,and comfortable jeans. not heals but dress up boot/shoes.

comfortable and easy going dress up. but not stuffy.

• i love curly hair and a girls that dresses modestly.

but I REALLY LIKE CURLY HAIR!

¬_¬ ' excuese me. sometimes, I just =_=' ya'know...

• I feel you, I have wavy hair I love to curl my hair but I also don't wanna damage it with the heat. & I don't have time to put the curl rolls on my hair. I'm so jealous of those girls who have natural curly hair ._.

• My guess is he won't be taking you to Ruth's Chris steak house or anything, so just dress casually.

• Don't dress slutty. Nothing is worse then you using your body to turn the guy on and then crying rape when it backfires.

Other then that wear what your comfy in :) If you think you look cute then your fine.

• that's subjective anything can be slutty. yoga pants, short shorts, heeels, doesn't matter. sex why /=/ slutty

• sexy doesn't equal slutty.

• Mini skirts, Short dresses, Showing to much, etc. Is what I meant.

Dressing in a super mini skirt or something that shows a excess of skin doesn't seem right for a first date imo.

• something that shows your clevage w a classy looking bottom half getup

• Don't overdo it with the make up. Just wear a cute blouse and a nice pair of jeans. Do your hair like you normally do.

• Look as natural as possible with your hair (otherwise he might get the wrong image of what you look like) and just dress nicely but casual. As long as you don't look slutty or slobby you're fine.

• Don't wear something you're not comfortable in. If he doesn't like it, move on to the new guy.

• 1. Do dress for the occasion

Girls are huge fan of getting dressed up. they love it and will use any and all excuses to get glammed up. But if you’re meeting a guy for the first time, you don’t want to make him (and you) uncomfortable by being over (or under) dressed. Don’t wear a sequined dress for a date to Sully’s for burgers and fries (one of my favorite places) or a mini skirt when hitting up L’Espailer.

2. Don’t wear anything too trendy

Although that dress or top may be red carpet worthy in your mind, your new guy isn’t going to recognize the beauty of it. Take well earned advice on this one – it may seem like a hip, cool outfit, but there’s a good chance he won’t see the cool factor. I heard 4 words : zebra printed strapless dress (no, not zebra pattern, an actual graphic of a zebra). Let’s just say he wasn’t nearly as impressed as I had anticipated.

3. Don’t wear anything strapless/low cut/spaghetti straps

This one may not seem like a don’t but it actually is. Guys are simple creatures and they have a difficult enough time focusing without your bare skin distracting them. This is an important one especially if you are going out to dinner because he’ll only be looking at your upper half for most of your time. (While you’re seated.) You want to focus on your date and vice versa and bare skin doesn’t help the situation.

4. Don’t go overboard on the makeup

Too much makeup scares dudes. If your face looks too perfect, they’re going to be afraid to touch it, never mind kiss you on the cheek at the end of the evening.

5. Don’t wear something you don’t feel comfortable in!

Confidence is owning who you are inside and out. Even if you have the most gorgeous and expensive frock for the night, if it doesn’t fit right or it just isn’t ‘you’ then it won’t work. Find pieces that fit well, are comfortable, and speak to who you are and you’ll be a knockout.

Hope that helps ^_^

What Girls Said 3

• Jeans and nice top. Also take your own jacket. Flats for shoes or sandals. Wear your hair naturally and out.

• I always stick to dressy casual on a first date. Usually skinny jeans, flats, and a nice top or sweater or coat (im not sure where you live). (Flats - because he may have lied about his height).

Keep the look more natural. If you are more comfortable with curly hair -- go curly. Do what makes you feel confident!

Also -- be careful letting him know where you live. You don't know this guy or what he is about.

• Yuss! Thank you!

we would be meeting at a resturant to eat, not at my house I thought of it and kinda got me thinking (:

• Where are you going for dinner? Fancy-dress Not fancy-jeans and a cute t shirt:)