Do the pros outweigh the cons of guy I'm dating?

Pros - generous (with food he makes for himself at home, buys me drinks when we're out ect.), calls or texts me not always just to meet up but to see how I'm doing and how my day is going (this makes me feel cared for like he actually cares and it isn't just to get some sex), sense of humor/ we laugh together, likes cuddling, good lover, likes to have a good time, good fashion sense, good looking, usually warm (when he's not moody), I can be honest with him and feel like I can say pretty much anything (except I'm nervous bout how to say what I don't like)

Cons- suspicious (of my gay best friend.. said he could be pretending), doesn't plan proper dates in advance like 'would you like to go to dinner on Friday night' when we have gone out it's to watch for drinks, we have gone clubbing and to a bar to watch the match togetehr (these are things we both like doing) but usually hanging out at each others' houses (to be fair, there is very little to do where we live), always last minute hang outs ie he calls me after work every day either saying what he is just relaxing or asks me if I'm free (I do do this to him as well), doesn't compliment me much but thinks well of himself.

I have insecurity issues. I was very clearly used for sex with the last guy I dated and I knew it at the time and it has scarred me. With this guy, we've been together a month and we're exclusive and he says trusting me will take time but it's obvious he likes me I THINK or am I wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• go with your gut. he sounds trustworthy and if you prefer things more in advance he probably would do it, guys are often more spontaneous and less into formal planning than girls. as long as he is making a continuous effort to see and know you and not just the sex you should be good. but if you have a general bad feeling or feel used read into it and see why and think about it carefully.

What Guys Said 2

• overall, I think the pros outweigh the cons. don't assume anything bad about a guy until he does something wrong. if he takes things a step too far, you have every right to assert yourself and say no I don't feel comfortable about that. but otherwise, take a leap of faith and give him a chance. though also be careful just in case.

• If he's suspicious its cause he cares... Unless he takes it to the point of driving around and following you why worry about it? The poor date planning and not enough complementing sucks, but give him hints... For the poor dating you can be forward and be like so when are you gonna take me on a real date? Although harsh he'll get the point.

What Girls Said 1

• He sounds like a good boyfriend. Dicuss these issues with him