Why do guys never respond to texts?

I text him and he responds but it takes him forever and sometimes not at all. Now this is telling me he doesn't like me. But we hung out yesterday and it was nearly perfect. We cuddled so perfectly and yeah. And when I was leaving he went to hug me, and I said "You can kiss me if you want" and he did. But was it weird for me to say that? or is that okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually try to respond to texts asap, or at least until the death screen on my current game of choice happens. Asking for permission or giving verbal permission is always welcomed; it gets your point across and tells the other you're OK with something. Not weird at all. If you're concerned, the next time you meet casually bring it up to him. If his answer is along the lines of "I don't want to" or anything extremely negative, assess those and make your decision. Of course people do get busy with life, but never responding seems kind of fishy... I love texting girls I'm dating because it's my way of showing interest because I'm shy. Plus you can keep conversations going daily!

• Yeah, it's just really starting to stress me out :/ he's all I've been thinking about all day, but I've kept myself from texting him. I feel as if he may be playing head games with me... what do you think?

• I think I'll wait till Thursday, and ill just pull the "hey" card to see if he says anything? or should I be "more exciting?"

• A simple "Hey, how've you been?" is simple and gets the point across easily. If you want to add anything else to it to add your touch feel free. It's your text anyway :).

What Guys Said 12

• It's mostly a literacy issue.

• I respond to most texts. But I prefer verbal communication. It's easier to deduce what's really happening when I can hear a voice tone.

• I know, but I can't call him

• Awh you sound so sweet :)

• Thanks. :-) I try.

• If he responded, then how can you ask, "Why do guys never respond to texts?"

Anyway, both genders do that because it's a game, to get the other party to feel anxious from not hearing that person. It's a tactic that works wonderfully. Either that or he's genuinely too busy to answer your text (which I don't buy, because young people check their phones like every two seconds).

• thats what I'm saying! but by me saying "you can kiss me if you want" is that totally weird or okay?

• That's totally fine in my opinion, because you basically told him how comfortable you were with him.

• phee! aha somoene told me it was stupid of me to say it and I got all worried :( but thank you! I was happy he did, even tho it was a lame peck :'(

• as most of the girls don't know , men are types and most of men aren't into texting unless you make him use to it , or he is already used to it , for me at the beginning I wasn't into texting until I got used to it by my girl friend until we broke up and now when I have a new girlfriend I'll text her as hell :D.

• A lot of the time if I'm busy I don't notice if someone has texted or messaged me. I won't ignore someone but I may take some time before I get around to replying. When I do reply I make sure I send a decent answer

• He might be busy doing something or not notice a text until like an hour after its sent, that has happened to me. There is nothing wrong with you telling him he can kiss you lol

• He never responded to my texts from yesterday :(

• It is because he does not want to show you that he is desperately into you. He fears that if he text you immediatley and show you that he is dying for you, you would treat him like whatever and possibly loose interest in him! That is what I think he is thinking.

• yeah but why would he not text me in two whole days even when I text him. he could at least respond...

• You are right, he is pushing it, it all depends how much the demons in his head are telling him not to... " don't she will think you fell for her", "don't text her it is what she wants so that she knows what is in your heart". Can't blame these demons completely, after all women can be bitches and they will make you boil to atoms for what they do!

• :( I hate you boys and your logic! aha like I wanna invite him to my house for easter, but if he doesn't respond to my texts, then I can neevr ask!

• texting is lame, id rather talk to the person face to face

• Could be busy.

Usually when I don't respond is because I'm caught up in something and lose track of time.

• I suppose, but he never even responded to the texts

• Some people would rather call than text...so either he's not so interested or he would rather be on the phone talking to you.

• doesn't have a phone :/ but why would he cuddle and kiss me if he wasn't into me?

• Well why did you say text then...if your talking to him over fb or email then maybe he doesn't check it that often

• im confused

• I think that's perfectly fine :)

• Better to resort to real life communication than texting. I see so many questions on here in which people are worried over texts. Still, how long have you known him? People nowadays are too quick to get into relationships, and so the value of each individual diminishes and people prefer quantity over quality.

"We hung out yesterday and it was nearly perfect" is very relative. Just because it was a good time doesn't mean that he likes you. Just hang out some more and see what happens. It takes more than that to develop love.

• I know, I wasn't planning on being in a real relationship. he's too far :/

What Girls Said 10

• He could be like me, and just be horrible with texting habits. The president could text me and it would be three hours before I even check my phone. It's not because I don't like the person who texts me, I just really hate having conversations through it. I'd rather be called. Testing someone is so tedious when both persons involved have a phone to call each other on. Yeah, you can say texting is convenient if you're too busy to talk, but for some people (myself included) being busy means they aren't going to stop what they are doing to text back. Its distracting.

And saying it's OK to kiss you in that situation is not weird at all! You're definitely into each other, and giving obvious signs is actually quite helpful there if you're trying to move things further.

• It's a guy thing. So normal that it surprises me when I hear right back. Most guys don't seem to like using texting as a main form of communication (or least the ones I hang out with). He responds. That's what matters. He's probably busy. Or not near his phone. It is a bit of game too.

Personally, I spend a text and then chuck my phone in the corner. I can't have a phone on me at work. Same for the guys I talk to, they don't have time. We just text to arrange a hang-out.

As for saying he can kiss you, that's fine, that's giving him the green light, especially if he was unsure.

• ugh like I'm just so stressed right now :'( and I just can't handle this bullsh*t guys do! but hopefully, it was only a peck then we parted ways

• no where is it?!

• Its a book.. I think you can get a cheap copy at most bookstores or online.

• If I've had class or an appointment sometimes I forget to put my phone back on normal mode from silent. I remember a couple hours later and find missed calls and messages- oops. Also I hate to say it, but he might kinda like you but he might not be super into you. Could be an option.

• Keep an eye on it. Some guys are very into texting, while others are not. What matters most is being face to face :)

• I know, but he lives an hour away :'(

• no, its okay! I appreciate it! c:

• This happened to me also. He'll text me then I respond. But sometimes it takes me forever or not at all respond from him. Then I confront him the other day, I told him what I feel when he doesn't respond to my texts. he told me that he's busy and sorry for that. I understand! But somehow, I want him to text at least once. So I won't keep waiting. Did I do the right thing?

• The guys I text with always respond quickly... but I don't know what you think that's fast or slow lol, I mean, if he answers 10-30 minutes AFTER you send him a text, I think that's quite normal. :P But maybe I'm just a patient person LOL

• well we haven't talked since Sunday... 4 days ago :(

• I texted him Monday and he didn't answer. But he just texted me like 3 hours ago, saying Hey and I said the same thing, and he hasn't responded :/

• Hmm well maybe just ask him some questions? It's not always the guy that needs to ask all the questions, in my opinion.

Good luck and don't worry so much! :)

• Some guys aren't fans of texting or instant messaging. He likes you just doesn't like his phone.

• ugh no he's addicted to his ipod lol (hes doesn't have a phone, jsut texts from iPod)

• That happends to me a lot to. They are just either busy. Or not around there phone right when you text them. Its probably nothing against you. I got used to this after awhile you will to :).

• I guess, but man is it frustrating!

• It is but you just have to know that he's there for you in some way.

• what do you mean?

• Girl..females should never text males :)

• Some people just aren't that into texting... or they don't really know what to say.

I have many guy friends who are TERRIBLE at texting, haha! And boyfriends... some would go days without responding. It was just how they were.

If the dates are going well, I wouldn't worry about his texting habits. If BOTH are bad, THEN you can assume something's wrong.

I hope things keep going well :-)

• well yesterday, I don't know if it was even a date! and we haven't planned a second... how should I ask about that?

• nope :( no way of calling him! he's away at school

• Wow, he sounds impossible to date, haha!