Your friends set you up on a blind date...How do you get out without offending her?

Turns out she's fat. How do you get out without offending her?

Thanks for the advice. In the end, I finished the date, cracking the fakest smile of my life. When I asked her about the model's body, she just shrugged it off, and I sighed loudly. I found that to be the best compromise between leaving and staying silent..

Oh, and turns out she only has two friends, the mutual ones who set me up. they're both lesbians, so yeaaaah, no hot friend that fatty knows.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell her you're not attracted to her.

(From reading your comment) - Your friend (or the girl) shouldn't of lied. Said you were misled. Move on.

You can't really go about it without her being upset.

But like the others said, continue on with it. Don't call her back after.

What Girls Said 7

• Don't be rude; just finish the date. If your friends set it up, they probably thought you two would make a good pair.

• It seems like you at least tried not to make the situation worse than it was and that's a plus for you. I'm with you on the lying part. When you meet, they are going to see what you really look like, and will start the date off on the wrong note. Your friends should have been honest since they set the two of you up and then let you decide what to do instead of kind of blind siding you. I don't hide what I look like, and if it doesn't end up in going out, then it doesn't. If we still go out and there is no chemistry, well, I have made some good friends that way.

• My friends never said anything about her appearance, my blind date was the one who texted me the lie.

• The best thing to is to finish the date and not be an a**hole. Best thing to do whenever a date doesn't go well for any reason.

• Your mutual friend she was a model..

and had a slim body?

Or did you assume slim because of model?

• No, no, and no. She texted me before the date with the lie.

• just hang out with her for one night guy. a couple hours wouldn't hurt

• I don't want to speak for all fat women, but I personally am very aware of that possibility that a guy will just completely bail upon finding out I'm fat (though I disagree with letting them "find out" anyway, very pro-honesty here). Fat people know what people say about them, and it's usually a lot worse than a simple, "you're not my type." I'm not endorsing being rude, but pretending it's not about that is frustrating, and she probably would have guessed that it IS about that anyway.

And if my friend was the one who decided to tell the guy I have a "model's body," I would be a million times more angry at her than the guy for not being into it.

• Misread, I meant if the guy's friends said that. That's really douchey, like setting her up to be ridiculed.

• Finish with the date and chalk it up as an opportunity to make a friend and a good impression. You don't have to date her again, but it's never okay, nor is it smart, to be rude to someone over lack of physical attraction. Besides, act like a good guy and that will be your reputation to other girls she knows. Act like a jerk, and that hot friend of hers you meet later will know about it too.

What Guys Said 6

• You can just say that you weren't interested. No matter what, whenever a girl hears the words "not interested" being said to her she's bound to become a little more insecure and lose self confidence which sucks for them because they haven't found out what the right sort of people who truly like them are. Sometimes that's just what life is sadly. Not everyone will be interested and someday they'll find the right one.

But for now, just say that you weren't interested and cut it off clean from there.

• I would just go with it, try to have fun, but don't show any sexual interest. She could end up making a good friend. And she isn't fun, then don't contact her after.

• Dude GTFO she might try to eat you

• I am sure deep down, you have a soft and thoughtful heart.

This kind of attitude should not be okay. Everyone has their own preference, and to say such thing about a possibly lovely girl is unacceptable.

She's human with feelings. Respect her as others respect you.

• Yes indeed, I said I'm sure you have a kind heart. I understand it was a joke, but you must think before you... Type, because overweight people will take your joke seriously and by doing so, it will eventual hurt their ego.

Haha, thanks :)

• I don't think even the fattest person on here thinks that anyone is worried about them eating them. No more worried than the shortest person on here is worried about being stepped on. Or the skinniest person falling through the sewer cracks.

I struggled with obesity for a while in college and then worked really hard to lose it. If people are struggling with it, I suggest they buckle down, join a gym, and work hard to lose the excess weight and not be too offended on the internet! :)

• First mistake was going into the blind date in the first place.

• Don't be rude, but don't stick around either.

• Why not finish the date? No one is forcing you to keep dating her after. Since you're there, might as well show her a lovely time. Have some tact, I say.

• She blatantly lied to me, saying she had a slim body and was a model. I cannot stand being lied to.

• Your friends didn't tip you off? And did she just start saying that about herself on her own or did you ask about it?

I still think the date should go on and let it be the last if that's how you want it. It makes you look good.