I suspect that she was jealous. Why do girls do this?

I was dating a guy and things were going AMAZING, and then all of sudden he loses interest and just want to be 'friends.' During the 'friend phase' it felt like we were dating it really confused me that he was being so hot and cold.

Today I find out that one of my "friends" (and I use that term lightly), told my guy that I had chlamydia. WHICH I DON'T!

I suspect that she was jealous, because my guy is very good looking and she just wanted to ruin things.

Why the heck do girls do things like that?

PS. Now that I know that he lost interest because of a lie he thought he knew, how do I convince him to date me again and look past the damage that has been done?

When he confronted me, I told him the truth... I even offered to show him my health documents. I asked him why it took him almost 2 months to confront me and he said that he didn't feel comfortable doing so. I asked him if he believed her and he said he didn't know. I also asked him if we were going to date again and he said maybe, that he doesn't know what the future holds but if we do date again, it's not going to be for awhile because the damage has been done. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I'd confront him and tell him the truth and then add on "And if you seriously believe every lie you hear, then you're more dense than I thought." or if you wanna be sassy (; "If you seriously believe everything some bitch said without even asking me if it were true, you're a bigger jackass than I thought." I'd pick the 2nd one ;) it has a bigger dramatic effect.

What Guys Said 5

• So you mean sometimes girls can be bitches? WHY I NEVER

• Cuz bitches be trippin..

• sounds jealous, but then again...

• Jealousy can be a lethal drug that can induce a woman into doing/saying things which are out of comprehension or truthfulness.

• Girls do it because they are jealous. Why do you want to convince him, you sound really desperate

• Not desperate, I just want what we had before this jealous girl ruined it... we had a good thing going.

What Girls Said 7

• Wow, what a cruel thing for her to do :( I guess you can tell him the truth, but I wouldn't convince him to date you again. He'll decide on his own.

• I've had girls spread a rumor I had an std because they were jealous-girls are mean-I'd tell him the truth if eh doesn't respond he's a loser for believing her over you. He should have asked you personally but I'm assuming he's like most guys and don't want to talk...plus chylmidia goes away with a drink (I know because I had an ex who had it).

• It's normal for girls to feel jealous towards their friends now and then, but to act on those feelings and trash you for it is extreme! This goes beyond just a "girl thing", its a "person-with-no-moral-decency thing". She's probably been making up lies since she was a child. I would just bring it up with your love interest casually, like "Hey you won't believe what I just heard today!"...Good luck!

• Girl... MOVE ON. You deserve someone way better than him, start flirting with other guys, go on dates, maybe even get another boyfriend. Frankly speaking, HE'S NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!

• wow that's awful! Some people are just horrible. not every girl is like that. I would talk to him and explain to him the truth. Maybe even show your medical records from yearly exams to prove to him you never had it if he is worth it

• you don't convince someone to date you again, if hell believe something like that he isn't worth iy

• First of all, he should've just mentioned to you that he had heard something like that.

Secondly, it sounds like she wants to date him herself. People can be very competitive when it comes to affection.