17 year old wanting to date a 30 year old man, advice needed?

I've been thinking about dating this guy... he's rather attractive, but he's getting his PhD in physics... he seems completely out of my league :/ and he is 30 years old. I'm in my 17 turning 18 in a couple of months and have no job experience. I'm still finishing my last year of high school. In fact I think he thinks I'm a little older than I really am...aalthough, I though he was younger -.- what do I do? I really want to date him, but there is such a difference :/

I thought***
Our date is Friday and I am very happy :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Im 27 and my girl is 21, also, it doesn't show here since English is not really my best language, but I'm kind of nerdy, I have thaught physics in college, my girl had to work since she was 17 and didn't have the chance to go to college, still, she is much smarter than any girl my age or older, at least in my social circle, yes she is young, but she is cultured, mature, emotionally ballanced, I often times find myself bored in social interactions, the girl I dated before my girl, was a chemical engineer my age but a pain when it came to emotions, always hesitant about everything, she would throw tuantrums like a little brat, and the only books she ever read were the Twilight saga, in many ways she was an adult, but in many others a child, and a spoiled one for that, but that is a big mistake I made :P but generally, I am still bored, no good chats, nothing outside of the newest movies, X or Y political news barely understood and discussed with guts instead of brain, TV shows, convos about other people (just as boring), but with MY girl, I can speak of almost any book I ever read, we can discuss philosophies or religions (yes, plural), analyze political views, think of business, talk of soceity, that is how I met her, I met her by chance, was amazed at how much we could talk and how I enjoyed her company, and well yes, a younger BEAUTIFUL girl with sexy innocence and that impish smile trully cought my eye, and that was magic, in her I have both a mature woman who is a spiritual strenght and an intellectual challenge, but at the same time I have a fun girl, playful, charming, SEXY, and has that curiosity that I find charming.

not sure who said this, maybe there is one in English link the translation would be:

stay with the one who challenges you intelectually

loves you wisely

turns you on physically

forgives you consciently

guess the turnning-on part is there ;) and it is important, but not as much, I know many girls that turn me on even if only a little, is really not the most important, you CAN love wisely, you don't have to be the most mature person there is, but you can love fully and crazy while STILL be wise, prudent, patient, not overly emotional, YOU CAN. About the forgiving part, ANYONE can, you just have to decide to DO IT :) . now the intellectual part is complicated, many people won't care of it, even if he is smart he could jost enjoy you with no intellectual conection, but guess you want more? if it was just fun then the intellectual part will be no problem, if you CARE, you don't have to be nerdy, or super smart, just cultured, don't need to know about everything but at least try caring, read about many topics, then develope YOUR OWN view points, and you will fast and easy be more challenging than most of his PhD fellows who probably only know about physics and are uncultured of anything else.

What Guys Said 7

• Think about it. Why would he want to date you? You don't even know who you are and he's just out/going through of his mid-life crisis.

• I would move on. That is way too much of an age difference, especially given that you're still in high school and he's going for a Ph.D. I'm sure there are plenty of guys in your age range who are interested in you.

• The age gap is so huge.

You may not even satisfy his desires and he might not be able to see you as such.

Simply find guys your age.

• I'm a 30 year old and I can tell you that no matter how much guys deny it, it is their fantasy to be with an 18 year old. Even a 50 year old man dreams of being with a fresh, pure, youthful beauty like you (males are genetically hardwired to be attracted to youth). I can almost promise you that you can expect something good out of this.

• Don't do it. I know it may seem tempting. But he is getting his PHD. And you are barely even out of high school. The gap is just too great. Not to mention your not 18. So he could get in trouble. And you don't want to jeopardize his career and success in life. Move and you will find somebody your age who is better for you in no time.

• He might be focusing on a family, his schooling and a career. Would you be ready if that was the case?

• I personally can't see why a 30 year old would want to have a serious relationship with someone who is 17 so I'd move on

What Girls Said 0