Ever hold back on texting someone you're interested in just because you feel like you'll annoy them?

I'm not the type of person who is attached to my phone/feels the need to text people all the time. I really want to text the guy I'm interested in sometimes just to talk or to ask him to hang out, but every time I do, I feel like I would annoy him :/ What would you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I have. All the time or should I say every time I like a girl and even if I had never texted her I have the feeling that I'm going to be annoying with it. So if I decide to do it the I'm nervous if she doesn't write back that I was annoying but if she does then I'm at ease until the next time I would text. So for the most part I decide I wouldn't text and chicken out. Witch is kind of stupid if you think about it it's the same as with calling someone. I think I need to ease up on this and just text of I feel like texting or call if I feel like calling. Because sooner or later I'm gonna have to ask her out anyway and get rejected or not and things go well in either case it would probably be better if it happened sooner than later.

But in the mean time to sort of get over my chickening out I've decided that I'd text or contacted them (text, call, FB IM, etc.) only if I had a good reason to do it and if I'm not going to see them for a couple of days. Os for example if I'd want to ask a girl to lunch on Monday and I was going to see her on Sunday anyway I wouldn't text or call her on Saturday but wait and try and do it in person. But if I wasn't going to see her before I was going to ask something then I'd contact her.

Sound a bit stupid if I think about it but it at least gives me some criteria that have to be complied with and I can say to myself now there's no reason except for chickening out so go for it.

Of course if they don't pick up, write back or respond I've made a rule for myself that I won't try and contact them until they contact me. Except if in person and even then I won't mention it because I believe if they wanted to respond they would have.

What Guys Said 9

• You should go on the vibe you share with this person. If you two usually get along good when you see each other then there is no reason to think you'd be annoying to contact him. I don't find it annoying if someone text or contacts me it shows they want to talk to you.

• I've had a girl send me 3 text messages within half an hour of me exchanging numbers. I felt complimented, but it seemed a little too much. I normally like the girls who are tough to figure out, the ones who send conflicting signals, like a difference in her behavior (what she says) and body language (what her body language says). Nothing wrong with texting a guy though, if you want to see him at a party, or want to hang out. Just don't flood is inbox, because he might end up taking your interest for granted.

• yeah cause you one seems to enjoy my texts or emails so I just sort of stopped sending them a couple years back unless I had real reasons for contacting someone .

• well don't hang out too much. Maybe like once a week arange a hangout. If you're not into texting a lot that's fine. In fact most guys would probably love that cause girls are always attached to their phones these days and it kinda drives us nuts when you send us 20 texts in one day. Just explain to him that you're not really into texting that much and are more into hanging out in person. That way he knows.

• Just text the guy. He's probably thinking the same thing. Society places more stress on a guy for being "clingy," so it would be easier if you just shot him a text. Your call though.

• Sometimes I get the feeling he is thinking the same thing. I just wish he could pick up that I want to be around him more. I know he's not a mind reader, but still...it's not like I don't give enough hints :/

• I usually don't. He's the one that always asks me to do something...

• Ah, so he's obviously interested. Just text him. Try using smilies as well so he knows you're happy to talk to him. Sounds cheesy but it works.

• yes

• try to do someting foryourself

• I just text now to make dates. Anything else seems superfluous and causes headaches like the one you're having right now.

• I would simply text the girl.

I wouldn't annoy her.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, I have. The more I like them, the more I hold back.

Unless I can't help it or until I'm really comfortable with them >___<

• I am exactly like this. The more I like them, the more I won't text. Ugh I hate it :/

• That's how I feel! I'm like, I hate it when guys do that to me, so I wouldn't want to do that with them. Plus, he always seems to be hot/cold, so I can never tell!

• If you like him, I'd try to initiate texting anyway, see how he responds.

It seems like you've texted sometime before too, so it's not so embarrassing. Either way it's the only way to find out how he might feel, if he's willing to giving you a chance and get things moving!

Him being hot/ cold could mean so many things... Maybe he's interested and gets carried away sometimes, others he might be holding back just like us... That's why someone has to step up and actually try something.

• Yeah I hear you. I just try to get them to hang out so I can get to know them better. I know the cycle you are talking about. You both text a lot in the beginning then suddenly one of you takes forever to respond or doesn't respond at all. Then you are wonder what happened.

• Yeah, if I do most of the initiating, then I'll back off for a while. Or if I catch myself on sending multiple messages before he's responded.

• I`ve held back on texting someone before.

• Yeah I do that. If you never hear from him I wouldn't text him